ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leeroy's Mark Fish'd 182 Trophy....***DETAILED***

Titanium 182
Nicked from detailing world.....

This is a friends of mine I was asked to detail after detailing his Megane 225 Trophy . So you can probably tell he likes his Trophys, this is No 25 of 500.

Car arrived not dirty at all having been washed before it was dropped off so I didn’t bother with any wash pictures.
Initial inspection of the paintwork, setup the halogens and laser pen to get some paint readings
DSCF8099-1.jpg

DSCF8100-1.jpg

The camera was struggling to pick up the true state of the paint, was very swirly and covered in RIDS.

DSCF8101.jpg

Correction was achieved with 3M Fast Cut and 3M Yellow pad.

DSCF8102.jpg

DSCF8103.jpg

DSCF8104.jpg

DSCF8105.jpg

Titanium 182
Door strips before and after

DSCF8106.jpg

DSCF8107.jpg

Lower half of the car was the worst, think the car has seen a brush a few times.

DSCF8108.jpg

DSCF8109.jpg

Few corrections shots

DSCF8111.jpg

DSCF8112.jpg

DSCF8114.jpg

Titanium 182
The Clio has quite a few areas that stick out, don’t think theres one flat surface apart from the roof, so a lot of masking was required to make sure no edges were caught.

DSCF8137.jpg

Small spot pad was used on most of the car, just couldn’t get the level of correction I wanted with a larger pad because of the contours of the body.

This is my concentration face.

DSCF8138.jpg

Car was then pulled outside to wash the dust off, the sheeting was impressive without final polishing or sealant, just goes to show its all in the prep!

DSCF8144.jpg

DSCF8145.jpg

Looking red and glossy already.

DSCF8147.jpg

DSCF8148.jpg

Final day was final polishing with Menzerna Final Finish.

DSCF8149.jpg

DSCF8161.jpg

DSCF8166.jpg

Car looked very red in the end but my poxy camera couldn’t pick it up, but you can see how glossy the paint is.

DSCF8170.jpg

DSCF8171.jpg

More pictures and write up here

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=259828

225 Cup & Williams
Looks lovely I really can't wait to get my Trophy detailed. I need some Mark Fish springs in my life too!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Looks great leeroy, Mark always does a good job. I wish I had a decent camera/lighting to pick up the correction levels I get when I paint correct.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Looks class mate, he does a mint job, simons cupra looks mint after he detailed that too.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks tidy mate, nice job.

You forgot to mention you finished with Zaino. :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Nice, this with MF springs I presume then. Looks a fair bit lower, tempting....

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I've never owned one with MF springs but I've been in one with them, they're ok but I think for the money an eibach sportline is just as good for day to day use

I've never owned one with MF springs but I've been in one with them, they're ok but I think for the money an eibach sportline is just as good for day to day use
Aren't they just the same thing? No idea btw, just what I've heard.

Trophy's have Eibachs on the front as standard too.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Aren't they just the same thing? No idea btw, just what I've heard.

Trophy's have Eibachs on the front as standard too.

They are totally different. The rumour was started by Matt Wills, who at the time was punting Sportlines under his 'Stealthsport' 'company'.

He got banned for being nasty to Tom iirc.

They are totally different. The rumour was started by Matt Wills, who at the time was punting Sportlines under his 'Stealthsport' 'company'.

He got banned for being nasty to Tom iirc.
Ahh what a c**t he was. Cheers for clarifying that :)