ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Legal question regarding clocks

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

If you had to change your clocks in a clio due to them packing up/faulty/damaged etc and swapped the clocks from a car that had less mileage on it then your current clocks i.e a good 50k difference do you have to inform anybody about the switch?

another relavant ish question - you know the wobbly speedo needle that we all get where it wobbles like hell to a certain speed then settles down is that down to the clocks or is that another area?

basically a mate wants to know if hell be in trouble by doing this and if itll possible fix his dead speedo?

Cheers

A well built VW

Ive done it before but i didnt tell anyone , did get a cal after i sold it but i was straight with the guys i sold it to and the guys who phoned nothing else ever happened

Quote: Originally posted by Daz0rz on 27 March 2005

another relavant ish question - you know the wobbly speedo needle that we all get where it wobbles like hell to a certain speed then settles down is that down to the clocks or is that another area?
Its the Speedo Cable. Either grease it up or, get a new one fitted.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

oh good so its not a major problem aslong as everyone who needs to know knows?

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

yeah, its only illegal to clock a car as its obviously to give the impression its of a lower mileage.

Perfectly legal if theres no misconceptions.