ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leicester area detailers

Focus ST-3
Does anyone know or can recommend a good detailer in the leicetser area?

I have found a few via google but after reading what they do it really puts me off using them... Do people really still use chamois leathers??

I want to take it somewhere i know it will be done well and looked after, not just some guy with a sponge and leather.

LOL. If they're using chamois, id take a guess at saying that they have no idea about what they are doing.

Bit of a trek for you, but Jim @ White Details in Lincoln is awesome (and a proper detailer LOL, non of this chamois crap).

Focus ST-3
haha well that is my point exactly, I havent seen a chamois since I was about 10 washing my dads car for a fiver!

Lincoln is a bit of a trek, its not somewhere i go so couldnt even combine it with a trip. What about Leeds? i often go there and there has to be some decent detailers there!?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
LOL. If they're using chamois, id take a guess at saying that they have no idea about what they are doing.

Bit of a trek for you, but Jim @ White Details in Lincoln is awesome (and a proper detailer LOL, non of this chamois crap).

Jim = Pinnacle of detailing IMO.

Abarth 500
Speak to Russ @ Midlands Car Care mate - he is on here as RussZS, he's very good! I have seen some of Jim's early work..

Focus ST-3
how much would it cost for a detail? i have no idea what sort of price to expect to pay...

Im not 100% sure either to be honest.. Ive seen various prices on the net that are all completely different.

What do jim and russ charge for a full detail?

It obviously depends on the car size, products used, time taken and level of correction. So write them an email or call them.

Abarth 500
Yes, Russ @ MCC needs to charge more! He is too cheap considering he is a decent detailer. As he isn't a million miles away, it is worth travelling a few extra miles to see him. You could come to me but I am further north being in Manchester, and more expensive.

I believe his ~ £250 is for the minor correction / enhancement btw, no idea what he charges for true 100% correction as I've never seen him do any, he knocks the 1 dayers out for fun, as you'd expect at that price.

Megane R26
Thanks for the kind words folks and recommendations and also to Dave for the email :)

I'm excellent value, not too cheap :)

I am reviewing my pricing for 2013 though...

Focus ST-3
Thanks for the kind words folks and recommendations and also to Dave for the email :)

I'm excellent value, not too cheap :)

I am reviewing my pricing for 2013 though...

No probs, thanks for getting back to me so quicky. Im not sure when im going to be able to get over to you though with christmas approaching and all that.

Review your prices after I have come ;) lol

Full correction is £250 roughly.

Russ.

I was quoted £250 for my A3 and £350 for an x5.

I used Russ at midlands car care, I would definatly recommend him and he is not that expensive. He charged me less than £200 but I suppose it depends on how much work is involved. The write up of mine is here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...Sport-Clio-182-in-Black-Gold!-Swissvax-Shield!

Guys (and Russ, forgive me here if I am over reacting), what Russ charges you is between you and him. Not for the entire world to know. It is on a case by case basis, which is why the OP needs to EMAIL OR CALL the mentioned detailers, rather than asking for our guestimates.