ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LeMans 2011 Team Tour... 'We ride fast, We ride light'... losers assemble.

157 days to go...

24-Hours-logo-500.jpg

Night-500.jpg

well that time is upon us again, well i mean the planning stage. Everyone that attended last year this is the planning threaqd and chat about it thread (that actually didnt make sense but fcuk it).

The problem is people say 'i wanna come, can i come' etc. Now no1 is stopping anyone going obviously, but if dikheads end up coming i guarantee they'll end up getting onebombed, what I'm saying is it helps if the group we go in works... much like you dont want to go away with someone you dont know, ends up being an idiot and spoils your holiday... We were lucky last year in the 'tobs' and 'gower' ended up being absolute legends and really got involved so it was great... hell who am I kidding it was the best thing I've done in my life. from meeting up at the services thursday morning to the monday night race home i cant even begin to explain the epicness of the 2010 tour...

Ferrari%20500.jpg

Anyway moving on, this year... FCS is a week before, now its my intention to go to FCS but i'm not 100%. the cars will honk up some right milage so i might do FCS and stay down south and shack in B'ham prepping the car(s) ready for the jaunt over to Francais, but that can be sorted nearer the time.

My initial intentions are to travel the thursday and return monday, much like last year tbh, that way you stay in the gaggle of others that are making the journey...

I knowFailSport are travelling down too so I'd be happy to meet up with them at some point and have a banter/hug/drink, if it works out best even join up and camp together (i'm hoping we repeat the campsite location this year...)

but let it be known now, anyone that ends up joining us here is a little disclaimer, we travel as a unit down there, we look after eachother, we ride fast, we ride light and we drink ALOT.

Those that know me know I hate rules but the aforementioned just helps make things run easier, i dont really need to go into too much detail about the trip anyway as we mostly know the plan.

everything i write brings back memories and its hard to put it all in one thread. sorry the threads all over the show but its hard to text all and make arrangements on different formats and forums so i'd rather centralise it on CS and MS.

warren, i've found a place to do your decals too.... oh this will be fun.

IMG_0262.jpg

zJAn5.jpg

3e51d5e7.jpg

here's a link to last year and the pictures that still make my hairs stand up... if someone can top driving off a ferry in a rainstorm behind a ford modelT then being passed by 37 bikers (eachone letting on to you), convoying with a porka GT3 & an Aston V12 vantage, ford transit and a 406 wagon with kids so excited they nearly piss themselves the first 10 minutes of France, let me know... ;)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?516349-LeMans-2010&highlight=lemans+2010 :evil::evil::evil:

So yeh, register your interest, ideas, etc. Apart from that i'll see warren, Alex, fred, laura, sy, richngem, misterC, Riad, tobs and gower plus a few other select n0rfbest/CS nutters in June.

bacon?

Last edited:

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
I'll get some info up later peeps. Have the probable route/travel plans/camping etc sorted. Plus prices.

I spent about a grand on it last year, but then we took both Clio's ;)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
awesome :D

cant wait, costs from memory seemed pretty reasonable, £120 for your camping pitch A car and a tent... so 2 people can share that so £60 each
ferry was £50 ish, but someome mentioned doing the train this year? Naith?

fuel.. depends how thirsty your beast is, food n drink

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I am really up for this, is anyone going from south central area?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
just a note to anyone brining WAGs along, any bitchy winey, its cold, its raining, its noisey, i cant sleep, your too drunk, i want to go home attutudes will not be tollerated :p

Mercedes
just a note to anyone brining WAGs along, any bitchy winey, its cold, its raining, its noisey, i cant sleep, your too drunk, i want to go home attutudes will not be tollerated :p

Hang on you moaned all the time

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member

youll have no trouble

my missus loved The nurburgring last year when i took her, shes well into camping got the 10 man tent shizzle already purchased along with all the other crap so she'll be in her element!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Excellent, this is coming along nicely. Last time was immense. This time I will get onto the mulsanne. I've already blagged some night vision goggles for the 'great escape' style route.

Mercedes
Excellent, this is coming along nicely. Last time was immense. This time I will get onto the mulsanne. I've already blagged some night vision goggles for the 'great escape' style route.

Are we not booking a table at the Chinese?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Still up for the drive down there with you guys! One epic convoy! Failsport and teamariane?

They're going on Thursday though :( whereas we're starting our epic journey on the Wednesday morning ...

By the time TeamAriane get there, Mike will have gone missing, Ollie will have inappropriately touched 13 Loti, Tom will have run out of money, & something (probably Mike) will have caught fire.

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27

This, if your not going for the love of cars, drinking, being a complete clown in France then stay the f*** at home ;)

Lionel Richie
costs? sod the costs!!

fuel £250
beer £400
paddling pool £50
tent £30
camping - we didn't actually pay (oops/sorry)
race ticket - too drunk to remember
getting home - use the force
druken canadian - still crying now
torched car 1

i want a table at that chinese restaurant down the mulsane straight!

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Right this is the preliminary plan.

Thursday the 9th of June we will all be driving down to Folkstone to get on the Eurotunnel. We'll do the norm and meet at different points on route to collect people. Train departure time will probably be between 11am-12noon. We've gone for the train this year as it cuts a lot of travel time off, embarkment/dis-embarkment is faster and the journey itself is only 30 mins compared to over 90 mins on the ferry. Plus there are several of the group that get sea sick lol.

From Calais we will take the motorways/toll roads to Le Mans for speed and ease, plus it should give us some time there Thursday night. There are 2 toll roads on the way, one was around 6euro and the other about 15. Sounds pricey to some but they were great roads and got us there at a reasonable pace.

Once in Le Mans we'll set up camp, the plan is to use the same camp site as before. Beausejour has a mixed and friendly crowd plus you might get to see someone spin his car in a ditch again (actually happened), it's one of the more quiet sites but that's compared to the others, Sunday night was primeval tbh. After that it's Mad Friday, words can not describe how amazing this was, I don't use the word often but I'd say epic. Doing burnouts, watching burnouts, driving round the bits of track that are open to name a few of the highlights.

Saturday afternoon the race starts and goes on for.....24 hours der, so get drunk sat, carry on drinking Sunday and go for a meal.

We will then drive back to Calais on Monday the 13th to collect the Eurotunnel for around 2-3pm. Then a steady cruise home.

As for costs....
Eurotunnel - £45 each way (this is a deal they have on at the mo and I'm not sure how long for) so £90 total
Toll charges - approx €42
Camping - £60 per pitch which is meant for 1 car, 1 tent and around 2 people I think.
Race ticket - £65 each for a general entry, I can find out more if anyone wants grandstand.
Fuel - depends what and how you drive obviously. I spent around £450 on fuel last year but then we did take both Clio's
Then cost of food and drink

I'll be doing the same as last year, taking payments from people then I'll buy everything if you want. I won't buy anyone tickets that hasn't paid me though, and if you cancel after I've brought them then there is no refund as I can't get one.

That's my planning bit done, Naith get pimping

If anyone has any comments, well keep them to yourself tbh ;)

Last edited:
F*ck i'm looking forward to this, predominately to meet all of the BTM fanboi club.

F*ck i'm not looking forward to this, predominately as I will be in bed for at least a month due to my inability to deal with alcohol afterwards.

Fred - CS-traders-volvo-owners-club-convoy?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Oh this sounds sweet, Fred I'll speak to you tomorrow about this!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
s**t i forgot about the paddling pool!! and the bucket by bucket of filling it up!

and the frog that we aquired with it!

oh and naith/rich you forgot to include in the budget car wash money... you must have spent at least 100 euros :p