ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LeMans 2011 Team Tour... 'We ride fast, We ride light'... losers assemble.

Mercedes
Looking at the all the Trade info we have only 2 options this year:

Sea France are in Administration and are unlikely to see the summer so that leaves us with P&O if we want sea (without going on over nighters that are silly expensive) or the Tunnel, the basic Trade prices i can get are £3 different in favor of Eurotunel.

The only problem with the Tunnel is if you go for one of the short break deals (currently £90) then you are tide to that crossing and that one only where the ferry if you turn up late you get on the next one or early you get the early one.

DCi 100
I'll vote not fussed for the crossing. Aslong as I don't get woken up at 8am with aload of "We're leaving NOW!" I'll be fine! :eek:

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
train is a lot faster, but tided into a time

ferry is slow but allows you to turn up early or late, plus some of the comvoy get VERY sea sick lol

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ferry is the way forward, flexibility in times, cheaper, more fun, those who throw up, man up!

It's always a good crack watching a load of noisy car's bumping up onto the boat too!

Mercedes
Ferry is the way forward, flexibility in times, cheaper, more fun, those who throw up, man up!

It's always a good crack watching a load of noisy car's bumping up onto the boat too!

Same Price at the mo, but the time saving can be a massive bonus considoring the time we arrive on site.

trust me laura... it wont affect my decision. as much as i want to experience the tunnel, the banter and easy going attitude of the ferry is top drawer, seeing 20 of us load up onto it this year will be ORZUM.

320d
I'm not fussed either way. If I had to choose i'd say ferry. Seems better than a boring train but like I said i'm easy.

DCi 100
Is no one planning to go on from le mans to the ring or Stelvio? Or perhaps do that before?

I guess by before you miss the journey atmosphere going down.. and after your smelly, cars a mess, tent is thrown in and food is everywhere.

Maybe leave that for another trip.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
trust me laura... it wont affect my decision. as much as i want to experience the tunnel, the banter and easy going attitude of the ferry is top drawer, seeing 20 of us load up onto it this year will be ORZUM.

I can't wait for this! it'll be a ferry full of people going to Le Mans

350z GT
Ill see you all down there then...this will be my 21st trip :) and my old mans 36th i think....what campsite you all staying on???

nothings booked yet, we'll be in beasjeou(sp) most probs though. the others can get a lil chavvy, saying that ours was mental on the friday..

350z GT
we stay in maison blanche....always have done actually lol...hmm you lot arent too far away for a walk over
ill be there from tuesday onwards anyway lol to watch the practise and qualifying etc

Last edited:
  350z GT
Have to lol at the french people though on the sunday evening...standing ov the motorway bridges...at the side of the roads just watching the cars....always have a little wave with em :)

mate dont get me started on the stories... we arrived last year after the biggest storm ever seen, got to lemans and 12 dutch guys jumped out of a old ateam van, steaming, shook my hand and gave me a beer, i necked it in front of a copper. he laughed... rediculous.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
mate dont get me started on the stories... we arrived last year after the biggest storm ever seen, got to lemans and 12 dutch guys jumped out of a old ateam van, steaming, shook my hand and gave me a beer, i necked it in front of a copper. he laughed... rediculous.

that rain was immense... ive never seen anything like it!!!

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
That storm was amazing, the worst thing I've ever driven through.

As fit the tunnel/ferry the decision will be made soon by the trip admin soon. There are definitely pros and cons to both.
Some of the people there where mental, we were gunning it pas the hoax annex and people where standing in the road and diving out the way at the last minute. It was like sum in out of an old rally lol.

Going through tunnels on the way there was amazing too, I booted it through and all I could hear when I changed was a jet fighter behind me, I can't wait to do that again :)

recaro'd arctic 182
Gutted :(, After having a conversation with naith at the norfbest xmas meet about said trip i was well and truely up for this.
Sadly it's only one day after coming back from Egypt for a fornight. Can't get the time off work. So i will be the first on the list in 2012.

Have a good trip chaps !

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Right, so are u lot deffo going on the thurs? Any idea what time as we need to give our ferry time/day preference asap ...

Actually, Naith are u organising? If so, ill pm u on monday when im back at work if thats ok :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Cool. We sharing that space?

I'll be taking the 133. F*ck getting the Clio on the ferry/carpark/everything.

DCi 100
Cool. We sharing that space?

I'll be taking the 133. F*ck getting the Clio on the ferry/carpark/everything.

By the sounds of it we'll be on the tunnel atm, there isn't a car park it's just a field! But nothing you couldn't manage with abit of care. :)

So take the Clio? Pweeeeeeeeeeeasee!