ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lenovo repair costs, ouch

We bought a new lenovo laptop (R500 I think) costing around £800 about a month ago.

Gave it to the new user, after having it 6 days she managed to break the screen :rolleyes:

With it only been a couple of weeks old my boss decided to send it off to lenovo for repair:

Shipping costs £57
Labour, standard charge of £212
Price of screen: £230

Total £499 + VAT :dead:

Should have just got a new laptop lol

I'd have been happy to, but boss didn't want to invalidate the warranty lol.

Don't think we were expecting the labour costs to be that much! Hours job at the most I'd have thought.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
God thats wild high for labour.

Had a couple of customers Dell XPS laptops which broke. Out of warranty but it turned out cheaper to extend the warranty with dell on both machines for 2 years than i could buy the replacement motherboards to fix the laptops. Then someone came out and fixed them.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I've replaced a few screens in my time.. no way it took them more than 1 hour which means they are charging £212 an hour lol

Could easily get the screen for half that cost and shipping is a joke too.. ultimately your boss p0wned himself.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds almost as bad as when a Vaio laptop here (yes, I know - insidious, awful things :)) had a CPU failure a few years back.

The official CPU replacement through Sony knocked on the door of £600 as the laptop itself was outside of warranty. When we said that various vendors still had the same CPU and one slightly more powerful for less than £100 in stock, they still shrugged their shoulders.

Guess which one we went for? ;)

D.