ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lens Madness!

SchwepTek™
I've got a grip but dont really see the point. It takes 2 rechargeable batteries so no different to swapping over when ones flat. Only benefit is the bigger grip and the fact you can put 6 x AAs in it.

Are those cheap batteries any good. I have one and it holds its charge for about an hour! lol

well the cheap batteries i had from there (admittedly for my E1) are excellent.

My grip is a bit more special than just a grip though ;)

A red missile
Best sites for cheap deals I got told about was

www.camerapricebuster.co.uk bought from a few places that link from there. Warehouse express is always worth a look as well.

Just looked there and the cheapest battery listed is just over £42 quid which aint bad for a genuine canon battery, im guessing the 400D takes the same BP-511A as I use, would expect to pay more than that for one so it looks a good deal - unless anyone knows of a better price?

SchwepTek™
well the cheap batteries i had from there (admittedly for my E1) are excellent.

My grip is a bit more special than just a grip though ;)

LOL ok.

Oh and one other thing. I find the neck straps are a right pain in the arse LOL! So i have been looking for a wrist strap/camcorder style grip strap and found some cheap ones on ebay but do Canon make anything? I have seen the E-1 but that uses the battery grip :( lol

A red missile
Not false econnomy at £6 ;)
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_3&products_id=88147

I used to use 3rd party batteries from here untill i got my grip which comes with a moosive battery. Dad still uses them and no prblems in 2 years

edit: also does genuine items

£6 - motherfuckers!, i paid £25 for the shitty Hahnel ones from warehouse express, yep have to admit at £6 doesnt matter if they only last a year, good find, hmm £12 and last 12-18 months or £85..... being a cheap b*****d i'd probably go for £12 ;)