ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lexan Margard - thoughts?

So I want some windows for the Clio. I don't want sliders I want a flat plastic window.

My question is, whether the Margard chemical coating is essential or not?

Or are there other alternatives?

A pair of flat front windows with the hard coating is coming out over £250.....

Has anyone had experience with both the hard coat lexan and the basic sheet without it on?

Cheers

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Basic sheet scratches easily and will discolor a lot quicker if left in the sun. I would always opt for the Margard coating

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I'm not sure on Makrolon tbh but would 100% get margard if it's ever to be used on the road driving to and from tracks still..

I don't drive to and from track days. But I can't stand the thought of scratching marks.

One place has told me they normally do Makrolon coating, but can still use current stock to do Margard if I want that instead....

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Makrolon is the same thing as Lexan/Polycarbonate, different brand names for the same thing. There are various different types of Makrolon coating. I would assume they would use Makrolon AR

If its cheaper than the margard lexan, i would go for it as its pretty much the same thing