ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Life advice needed.. (18yr old Clio 1.2 material)

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
to start;

I am 18 years old, work for Toshiba, was just the usual call centre work, admin etc,

I applied for a job to be a Technician for Toshiba, and short story got the job.

Because ill be out on the road all the time, they are giving me a company car, choice from a few things.

I get a fuel card, so i dont pay a penny for petrol, servicing etc..

With my clio, it is only a 1.2 16v, but costs per month are £500+, with insurance, fuel.. TOO EXPENSIVE.

Theres no point keeping it really is there? I love it but this is due to being my first car, i mean its no 1*2,

just need to know would be doing the right thing...

330i. E30 Touring.
If you've got a company car you're able to use for personal mileage, get rid of the Clio.

Easy choice tbh!

Listerine & Poledo
Bin off your Clio, run the company car.

Eventually you might have the spare pennies to run a fun 2nd car (MX-5 or similar ;)

Remember that company car tax will give your pay slip a minor bumming though. You do, kind of, pay for the car, servicing and, too a lesser extent, fuel.

But there is no need to keep your Clio when you'll get a far better car from the company

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
The only down side to the company car is you won't build any no claims bonus, otherwise easy choice, get shot of the 1.2.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
If you can use the company car for personal journeys then I would sell your 1.2, or insure it as cheaply as possible to keep your no claims bonus going.

One thing to check is that whilst you have the company car, the company and insurer will be willing to provide proof of no claims etc. This can be used as proof of no claims with some companys i.e CIS, M&S, RAC etc.

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
thanks for all the fast response, weighing it up it would crush me to pay £366 per month for car insurance when i wouldn't be using it.

just got the sport bumpers, looks like they are going up for sale!

thanks for all your help, and one day I shall have me a 182!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Even if you're not building individual NCB, that price to insure your 1.2 is madness, if you come to drive a private car again in future, being older will benefit you hugely, and you won't have to start off paying such a ridiculous price when you're over 21.

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
it is a third of my salary, only on 13k a year so every little helps!

just put the 172 bumper on so i hope to sell to another cliosport enthusiast, not arsed taking it off now really.

thanks guys and ill update when i get my company car.. not a word yet on what it will be...

Pearl Black Ph2 172
The only down side to the company car is you won't build any no claims bonus

THIS. Its expensive, but next time you try to insure a car you might find its more expensive! tip - change brands, cheaper to insure somethin undesirable like Daewoo, Diahatsiu, Kia (*basically stuff your nan would drive if she lived in asia..

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
clio has now been sold, and I have a nice 13 plate astra 1.6,

thanks all for advice

i hope to be in a clio again when insurance costs allow!

:)