ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Light colour

S23

The Cleee-O
Hey all, having a bit of a problem deciding on what colour to do my front lights. Before anyone says though, I am having yellow fogs, hence why they're in all the pics :rasp: . Just wondered what you lot think?

Blue & Yellow:
blueandyellow.jpg

Black & Yellow:
blackyellow.jpg

Yellow All Round.
allyellow.jpg

Your input would be greatly appreciated, if you don't like any of them then that's fine. But constructive critisism would be nice more than anything. Tied between the Black and the Yellow, but thought I'd do the blue just for a test.

Cheers peoples :D

TTRS & V50
I prefer smoked headlamps. But i don't really like the photoshop, probably cause i dislike the yellow fogs. So diss-regard anything i say.

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
I dont like anything other than standard light colour..... Good luck with what ever colour you pick!

Never above 25mpg
I think Im gonna do some murdered lights on mine!

Smoked looks good! Really like the yellow too but the shape of the headlight is such a shame!

S23

The Cleee-O
Cheers for your inputs everyone, lol at it looking like a bug.

Just made me think of this...
MaskedRiderPhoto1.jpg

The more I look at it I'm thinking smoked. Thinking all yellow looks a bit too much? Hmm.

S23

The Cleee-O
I would say go for the blue! The black looks way to harsh as its a light coloured car! :D

Hmm, that is quite a good point mate. Only thing I'm worried about is that it'll look like too much blue? certainly looks a bit better than I initally thought it would :)

standard with silvervisions and spend the moeny on colour coding

Cheers for the input mate, only thing is colour coding my car will just make it one big mass of colour. Don't think it suits a five door unless it's a saloon or an estate, five door hatches need the bumper strips to break up the colour over the car. My opinion anyway. And as for Silvervision's, I'm gonna be getting some amber illuminating LED's for the front and back so that they look a bit more modern, and clear :) Plus doing my lights will only cost about 40 quid and an afternoon's work.

Hmm, it is getting very tempting :D

S23

The Cleee-O
Dont see how it being 5 door makes any difference tbh fella.

Just a personal thought on it. Think with the 2 additional doors changes the look of a car and needs breaking up as opposed to blending. Personal taste at the end of the day. Just don't think the blue lends itself to colour coding.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Standard IMO mate, I <3 the look of your car as it is, messing around with your lights will clutter it and make it look less OEM.

All IMO of course dude.

S23

The Cleee-O
Standard IMO mate, I <3 the look of your car as it is, messing around with your lights will clutter it and make it look less OEM.

All IMO of course dude.

Cheers man. Glad you like the car. Hmm, I see your point about it actually. Hadn't thought about it like that. Once I've chosen one at least it's not permanent, if I dont like it I can just rip it off again. Then be a bit more standard looking :rasp: lol. Nah but cheers for that dude :D

I like the light blue.

Another for the blue? :eek: Genuinely shocked! lol Cheers dude :D

Never above 25mpg
Just a personal thought on it. Think with the 2 additional doors changes the look of a car and needs breaking up as opposed to blending. Personal taste at the end of the day. Just don't think the blue lends itself to colour coding.

hpim0191cr6.jpg

F56 MINI Cooper S
honest answer : has no point to it, and doesnt look nice what so ever so cant see a point in it, but each to their own.

S23

The Cleee-O
honest answer : has no point to it, and doesn't look nice what so ever so cant see a point in it, but each to their own.

Fair enough. Colour livens things up in my eyes. It's a purely visual thing to make it look different. Horses for courses.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
thinking about it get yourself some 172 cup headlights and do the fogs yellow mate, i always like clear lenses on the driving lights and does bring more attention to the fogs

I know the yellow headlights is a big thing on the dub scene right now so may be worth a go, its only film and will come off if you want so worth giving it a go

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Just gave the flamer a dose of smoked lights tonight and it looks well so id suggest smoked.

In saying that i am defo gonna get pulled its way too noticable during the day and the lights arnt up to much at night. Wonder what the rozzers hand out for having them ??

S23

The Cleee-O
Cheers for all of your comments everyone.

chris205; I had thought about getting the Xenon headlamps, but they cost to much and the fitting with the ballast and that is all a bit complicated for me. lol.

adam1.4rt; Yea man, yet to see it all yellow myself...still really like it even if it is a bit flamboyant. haha.

T_2_the_C; Have you got any pictures up of it? Would like to see it if you have done :D

BIFCAIDS; Now I look at it...they are a bit bright aren't they. lol. They look a bit nicer darker as well. I really like your french style headlights TBH. Was looking at some black inserted ones the other day, as I don't like the gray. And it does make them look a lot darker.

Reyes; Thank you for your opinion. I do like the smoked quite a lot, the chop isn't quite how it would look but gives a rough idea.