ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Light on instrument panel probs...

Clio Sport 172
Hi, guys,

Bought my 02 plate 172 yesterday, when I was driving it home my brother who was following me flashed and when I pulled over he said the passenger side brake light wasn't working...I unscrewd the cluster disconnected the light, reconnected it, and job done...........it works....must of been loose or something???

Now when my hazard lights are on or I press the brake or I am indicating to the left hand side (passenger side) my rear fog light symbol on the instrument cluster does faintly light up....any ideas?
Sounds like a short to me!!!

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
I have the same problem since a year. Can 't find it. When I break or put it in reverse, or use sidemarks, the foglight on the dash illuminates pale.

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
Now this is difficult to explain in English, but this is how it began in my opinion.
A year ago, I tried to install a gps in the 182. The wire for the reverse function, I took straight from the rear lights. I heard a kind of short circuit twice when I was busy with that measuring tool (don't know the name).
What could have happened?

Clio Sport 172
Fred..how would a wrong bulb cause this to happen?

Where exactly do you mean wrong bulb,in the rear light cluster is it?

Clio Sport 172
Another thing I ment to get info on....My headlights seem to steam up on the bottom up to the centre, does that mean there is water/moisture in there?
Anyone had this prob, if so whats the cure?

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Had exactly the same problem few months ago. Removed the cluster and touched a little bit the wires and it sorted out.

Lionel Richie
i once shoved a twin fillament bulb in a single slot (side and brake) in and it sent the lights mental

the connector plugs do corrode, bit of WD40 on them

lights steaming up is normal