ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lightweight pulleys

Clio 172
Morning all

On my precious 182, I had the PMS lightweight pulley kit and looking at getting these again on my 172.

However, after reading that the crank pulley should remained the damped style due to the potential issues the lightweight pulley can cause with damaging the crank.

I want to keep the damped pulley on the crank, but change the rest to the lightweight ones.

Is this worth doing?

Cheers

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
It’s one of many little things you can do to grab 1 or 2 extra bhp. As you know, unless you are rebuilding the engine and having the bottom end dynamically balanced you should keep the harmonic bottom pulley, but no harm in changing the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 172
It’s one of many little things you can do to grab 1 or 2 extra bhp. As you know, unless you are rebuilding the engine and having the bottom end dynamically balanced you should keep the harmonic bottom pulley, but no harm in changing the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okee dokee, cheers for the reply. I'll give Nick at @pure-motorsport a shout tomorrow to ask if can supply the lightweight pulley kit with the damped pulley instead 👍