ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Limit to damage for a wheel refurb?

Iceberg Ph1
Hey.. The previous owner of my car happily through into the deal the set of original OZ F1 15's , the car was on and is still currently riding on a set of 17 F1's..

Anyways I am wanting to get the originals refurbed to get them back onto the motor and get rid of the 17's (there in dire need of a refurb themselves!)

Just wondering if there is a limit to the damage a wheel can sustain for it not being able to be refurbed? The wheels are not buckled or bent or nothing.. just heavy surface marking

I have a few pics.. This is the worst wheel of the bunch.. the rest are just curbed mainly.

2009-10-03100743.jpg

2009-10-03100749.jpg

2009-10-03100813.jpg

As you can see.. its like a graze and also has a few 'dents' so to speak (last pic).

Any help? Would love to get these back on and looking niiice :D

Dodgy one
Be fine, Unless theres no huge gouges on the edge you're laughing, Spot of filler would sort the spokes out if its bad, As long as they dont need 200g of weights or so lol to balance it be rite

172 Cup
They can work wonders. I recently hit a brick on a motorway while doing 70 and it buckled one of my wheels. Took it to a local engineering firm and it is now good as new! :)

They'll be fine. You could rip off half the rim and they'd still be able to repair it.

Iceberg Ph1
Sounds very promising.. thanks for the info.. well you seen a before, so I shall have to do a after the refurb pics.. (be next month when money is plentiful again :rasp:)

Any suggestions on colour? I got a silver ph1.. the wheels I got currently are anthracite and look good IMO, but I ain't lowering my car any time soon (budget and all) and think the colour would look odd when the car is sitting back on 15's? Stick with good old silver perhaps?