ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

limiting at 6750

172 cup
sometimes i will be driving and the car will limit at 6750 and only do 60 in second gear:mad: and then il try again and it will go all of the way to past 7. Has anyone encountered this problem before???????

53 Clio's & counting
try using the search function mate

the reason why it does this is your not letting it warm up, the ecu limits the revs till the car has warmed up so give it more chance to warm up

and pay your membership ;)

53 Clio's & counting
a few minutes is no where near long enough mate! a good 15 mins is needed to let the oil warm up

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Mine cuts in once the ignition has been turned off, Eg...... i have been runing the car for an hour or so then stop at the shop, turn ignition off, then get back into the car turn the ignition on and the limit cuts in at 6500rmp untill a few minitues have passed.

Is that normal?

vers le haut doigt milieu
Read:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108607

2.0 Problem (i.e. Cup, 172, 182)

Note
The 172 and 182 engines have VVT this is only activated between 1.8k and 6.5k when the coolant temp is over 80 degrees and the intake air pressure is over 650mbar. The 4k kick is due only to the cam profile the cams became much greater breathers at about 4k which leads to the kick you feel. The VVT only works on the intake cam and advances its timings by 16 degrees.

ok.

53 Clio's & counting
yeah that is mate, as the limit runs off water temp, all i can put it down to is the water around the temp sensor cools down enough to make the ecu think its too cold, then once you have been running for a min or so the water curculates enough for the car to realise its warm and the limit gets raised back up

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
yeah that is mate, as the limit runs off water temp, all i can put it down to is the water around the temp sensor cools down enough to make the ecu think its too cold, then once you have been running for a min or so the water curculates enough for the car to realise its warm and the limit gets raised back up

Ahh cheers mate:cool:

vers le haut doigt milieu
does anyone know what 80degrees relates to in "random bars" on the temprature display on the dash?

53 Clio's & counting
not really mate, my temp guage has always gone up to just under half way within 5 mins of driving, so god knows lol

172 cup
yeah i wait when its cold im not theat stupid owned turbos in the past i have the same prob as type r driver but all has been explained now thanks.

172 Cup
The gauge in the dash is measuring oil temp is it not but the rev limiter works off coolant temp being 80 degrees.

53 Clio's & counting
the guage on the dash measures water temp mate, not oil temp

but yes the limiter works off water temp

Tav

Clio 197
You need good coolant temp, oil temp and oil pressure before ragging it. It's also not all about RPM it's load that does the damage; using a lot of low down torque with large throttle openings at low RPM can be bad too.

Interesting info. about the coolant temp vs. VVT I wasn't aware of that.

53 Clio's & counting
Your right about oil and coolant temp mate, but generally oil pressure drops when the oil gets warm ,as it thins out so pressure gets less. My old hybrid was 6bar when cold, 3 bar when hot

Tav

Clio 197
Yup good point...I just said 'good' rather than 'high/low' ... my bad, but obviously when you do give it some beans the oil pressure goes up yadda yadda.

Clio is my first 'proper' car and I am trying to take good care of it, difficult when you know that a little prod. brings smiles. Only gets warm about half way to uni and by that time it's commuter mode on the dual carridgeway sitting at 60mph.

53 Clio's & counting
Yup good point...I just said 'good' rather than 'high/low' ... my bad, but obviously when you do give it some beans the oil pressure goes up yadda yadda.

yeah with engine revs and load oil pressure rises

Clio is my first 'proper' car and I am trying to take good care of it, difficult when you know that a little prod. brings smiles. Only gets warm about half way to uni and by that time it's commuter mode on the dual carridgeway sitting at 60mph.

lol thats true, though just remember the more you take care of her the longer she will last! im on 123k and counting!

MCS R56
sometimes i will be driving and the car will limit at 6750 and only do 60 in second gear:mad: and then il try again and it will go all of the way to past 7. Has anyone encountered this problem before???????

My Cup only does around 60 in second when warm.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
This is why I don't like driving mine to work.

Always get to the end of the road (15 seconds of driving) and want to drift it out of the junction. I do it... Everytime lol. I say f**k it tbh, a new engine for me is only £300.