ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Limp home and full throttle

Renault Clio 182 BG
Hi
I've done a quick search of limp home mode and not really seem to come to a real conclusive answer and my scenario seems different.

when overtaking in 3rd gear with full throttle, twice it has gone into limp home mode. I scanned it with my handheld scanner when it first happened (with the diagnostic light still lit) and no fault codes. Turned it off and restated, everything fine.

I've tried to get it to repeat the limp home mode by simulating overtaking in a safe place (as you know it cuts power and that's pretty scary thought when actually on the wrong side of the road!) but hasn't missed a beat, it's only when I've been physically overtaking has it got emotional and cut power.

Ive read that throttle sensor could be to blame. I'm going to work on it as much I personally can so can the sensor be resistance checked?

Renault Clio 182 BG
Oh and forgot to mention,

second time it went into limp home made it revs stayed around 2,100 and kept rising and falling without input. Which is making me think throttle sensor

PH2 172
Oh and forgot to mention,

second time it went into limp home made it revs stayed around 2,100 and kept rising and falling without input. Which is making me think throttle sensor

t
Take it to Mick @ Diamond Motors,he will sort it for less than the cost of a throttle pedal,the fault is corrosion in the wiring,not a throttle pedal or body.Total topguy.will save you £`s,even its a long way to go.

Johno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Having this same problem... wast revving high though until i changed plug at pedal, could the corrosion be elsewhere?

Thanks