ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Limp mode, electrical fault???

More poke than viagr
Hi, ive just got back from a bit of a trip today and on the way the clio was playing up terribly!

I dont know if anyone else has had this problem or what the fault is but, say your driving down a road at a steady 60 and all of a sudden the car puts itself into limp mode, revs drop to 2000rpm and there is basically no throttle. The only way to reset it is to switch everything off and restart it.

Needless to say, whilst driving along county lanes at about 50 and having to switch your car off (no power steering and s**t brakes) and then try and restart it, isnt the most pleasant experience...especially when it seems to happen every two minutes. :mad:

I also noticed that this also happens when you change down a gear for a roundabout or a corner...again its pretty dangerous when this happens approaching a junction or a roundabout as you suddenly have no throttle and could be stranded in the middle of the road...i also think it would be so easy for someone to rear end me whilst trying to limp across the junction or whatever as they would not expect this.

Anyway i am seriously pissed off about this as it has spoilt a great day and i havnt really got the time or money for it to be in a garage all week (especially with FCS at the weekend:eek:) so any advice or past experiences of this sort of trouble would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

Fiesta ST2
Had this happen to me mate in a 1.2 dynamique 16V 2003 - turned out to be the pedal cheap and easy to replace mate I think the part is around £30 from Renault.

Happened to me a random times worst time was on the motorway scared the living s**t out of me - good luck mate!

More poke than viagr
yeah sounds the same problem, mines also a 1.2 16v so hopefully will be the same problem.

Thanks mate, will go down to the garage on monday (if i get there lol) and ask them to check the pedal

I just had this fault, changed the throttle pedal and cleared the fault codes but still getting the same problem and same fault code :mad:

CLIO 172
DanDennehy
  • profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • message.png
    Private Message
  • article.png
    View Articles
user-offline.png

ClioSport Club Member