ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Limp mode

clio 172
I had a new gearbox fitted(nearly as bad as the old one but thats another story) and now it has gone into limp mode, two lights have come on on the dash, the engine one and the heart rate monitor one(sorry about the rubbish descriptions).

One of the engine management lights came on just after i had the box fitted, i took it back to the garage and they cleared the fault and has run fine since for a month or so.

Any ideas of where to start would be appreciated

Renaultsport clio 172
Not 100% on this 1 but simular problems with old car (not a renault) and new car ish so i hope this might help

With old car i had a problem when i changed the gearbox because the sensor on the gearbox wasnt fitted properly

then today my car (clio 172) went into limp mode and the symbol with the heart rate monitor and the engine 1 (if its the orange/yellow engine light on the right side not the 1 in the middle ov the dash lights ur on about) came on as i found out about 2 hours ago cause the throttle pedal/sensor has packed in or damaged

so first of all check the sensors on the gearbox and maybe around the area of gearbox where 1 maybe unclipd when changing gearbox etc

Do u have lack of power and cant rev past a certain amount of revs?? and can u remember what fault came up in the diagnostics before they cleared it??

Clio 172
The gearbox idea interests me, iv had the exact same problem with my 172 and it happened imediately after i put a new upper gearbox mount on due to it snapping. obviously i had to move a load of wires and things around to sort the mount and i might have undone a sensor or something? Iv tried a different throttle pedal and the throttle body seems to be ok so i will hav a look around the gearbox under the battery tray and see if theres anything there.

Renaultsport clio 172
The only thing i can advise then is just to check the sensors n stuff, maybe it nothing to do with the gearbox

maybe it something else altogether cause it does sound like a few of the posts where people including me have had loss of power and certain lights on the dash

so maybe check the throttle peddle and throttle body, its anoyin aint it:(