ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Limp/Safety mode on 172 mk2

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Would normally be the reason/s for this happening?
Most when i push the car hard round the rev limiter but yesterday it happened when i was CALMLY doing about 25mph.
I going to a rolling road day in a few weeks and im concerned it could happen while on the rollers.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Normally if there is a fault with the throttle position sensor.. could be other things too, I had it after my GF pressure washed my car .. resolved itself as soon as the car dried off.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
I know ive currently still got some issues with cams that were fitted but this is now my main concern as its happened a few times leaving me stuck in a very dangerous situation-recently as i was going round a busy junction.

I know ive currently still got some issues with cams that were fitted but this is now my main concern as its happened a few times leaving me stuck in a very dangerous situation-recently as i was going round a busy junction.

i was told it was something along the lines of the gear box sensor. . . . ?
Only the phase 1's have the sensor there some phase 2's but apparent but its won't be many with the sensor.
Would normally be the reason/s for this happening?
Most when i push the car hard round the rev limiter but yesterday it happened when i was CALMLY doing about 25mph.
you need to get the ca to a garage realy see what fault codes are happening. Might be a faulty MAP sensor depends what phase you have the phase 2's can have faulty throttle bpodies the phase 1's are less likly as there not electric.

Could be the TDC sensor or throttle position sensor. Unusual to have no lights coming on though would make me think its a connection to the throttle bodie ie engine doesn't know you want full power. Does the car behave different when it goes wrong?