ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid waste??

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
Forums are for opinions. If we only said nice things, would it be worth it? Some people on here will like it and might not want to say for ridicule, but that is up to them, I had my opinion and I said it, I don't like it, not saying there is anything wrong with it, but its not my taste. I haven't been offensive but I would rather have performance over looks.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
I have to say I too do get sick of some of the nasty comments people make on car forums about other peoples pride and joy..

OK there are lots of things I dont like and are not my thing but it wouldnt do for us all to be the same.. and what a boring world it would be if we were..

If you like it or you dont like, does it really matter as long as the owner is happy and better to be spending money and time doing that then mugging old ladies etc..

My mother use to say if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all.. now wouldnt it be a nicer place if people were not so b**chy ;)

HOLY s**t! SOMEONE ACTUALLY SPOKE SENSE!

HERE FUCKIN HERE!!

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Because u can afford performance, as iv said before u can afford a V6 an wateva else uv got but unfortunately pal i cant! And many others my age cant which is why they go for the appearance mods than performance mods. U can all afford to buy coilovers and big induction kits and all special engine parts etc etc. I cant, any "performance" mods i make dnt make much of a difference either with mine only being a 1.4

And yeh im sure there are people on here who like it but are afraid to say so because they know theyll be gunned down by all u lot.

I know its a public forum and i agree people should have their say but i just hate the way people purposefuly put pics of cars like that clio up knowing that everyone is going to rip it. If u go through the threads of modded cars just look at the general comments. Nobody has their own opinion on here! They all seem to have the same opinon. Its like cs is a flamin cult an its brainwashed everyone into one way of thinking.

Ifyou think that car is getting iot tight, you should have saw what happened to Lusty when he posted up pics of his car!

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Yeh but why! i never even saw his car an thats exactly what i mean! Why give abuse an as lil blondie said everyone is entitled to an opinon. a simple "not my kinda thing" or "not for me" would do but why does everyone have to go off the hook and start havin a breakdown bout how the cars been "ruined" and "what a chav" etc etc. Is there any need!

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
What I drive and what I own isn't what is being discussed here, I honestly think that a few of the best looking cars on this site are non sports. I think Haz1221232323432 or whatever has a stunning looking job and so does a foreign one I was looking at the other day ( from holland I think). They are european cars with euro styling as it should be.

If they can't afford the performance, why stick jap styling on a european car? buy a 1.3 starlet and stick the jap body kit on it, buy a 1.4 suny and do the bodykit, but IMHO you cannot make a european car look jap, its different cultures.

The car posted is awful, trying to be something it isn't.
1) painted an RS colour
2) In jap crap styling.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Im agreeing with u about the whole jap thing etc etc i know what u mean an i totally agree with u. I was just saying that many young drivers cant afford v6's like urself so buy shitters and make em look as good as they can or as much as they like them.

Who cares if hes painted it in an RS colour. Hes gotta paint it some colour so why not ly!? My car is monaco blue an u can get 172s in that colour as far as i know so why did RS steal it from the mk1? Hes not tryin to make it look like a RS clio. Theres nothing on there that indicates he is! if it had 2.0 ltr badges on and an RS badge on the back then id say fair enuff wat a plank, like the one from the other day spotted in a car park. He had a 1.2 dynamique and had RS badges on it, now thats cheap an tacky.

An i remember a while back someone posted pictures of a sunny outside a castle on here that was modded up. That got ripped to f**k! Hes done what ur saying he should do an he still gets ripped.

And 9k on a paint job is just a waste, that really is stupid. What was is gold plated???

Flip painted IIRC.

Proves our point though, that in thr cold light of day, some mods that people do are just awful.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
I'm not just knocking it cause I got a V6 mate. I just think that young people don't understand that for what they spend modifying their cars they could afford a 1*2, he could probably picked a 172 up for the same he paid for the car and the cost of the spray and kit would have done him for 2 years insurance unless he did it himself of course.

But I still stand by what I say, and euro cars, euro looks and the sunny you mentioned would be the equivalent of making 1.2 clio looking like a world beater. It would still get stick on here unless it was made as a pure replica as an RS

Mk1 Maxim Sport
gold and titanium flip paint by any chance, and wat dus IIRC mean?? always wondered!

I just dont understand people on here sometimes, theyr so objective and harsh towards other peoples pride and joy. if 50 people turned round and started ripping the f**k out of their clio at a meet they wouldnt like it. So why do it to others?!

Family Bus
Urgh! Chris.....I am a 'young' driver, and I can only just afford my 172. BUT.....prior to having it, Ive had a few different cars, and Ive never attempted to make it look like something it isnt! I know 'young' drivers have it tough getting nice cars but why spend a fortune on that...why not save the money instead for a year or whatever...and then buy the real deal? This is my point...you keep going on about 'not being able to afford V6' etc..well neither can I! But as already said...He's obviously spent several thousand on that 'thing' which he could have put towards something decent tbh!
Rant over! (for now ;))

posted before saw other replies lol :p

Green, blue and purple, can't remember properly tbh.

IIRC=If I Recall Correctly and to be on the safe side, tbh= To Be Honest.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Well i reckon hes probably spent bout 2 and a half on that car, if the interior is still standard. He hasnt realy dont alot apart from the kit and spray which wont of cost im more than 2.5. Which wouldnt of bought im a 172 or the insurance.

If it was that easy an that cheap to have a 1*2 then id have one! i wouldnt be saving up like a dick just to buy one! it aint easy mate.

Family Bus
gold and titanium flip paint by any chance, and wat dus IIRC mean?? always wondered!

I just dont understand people on here sometimes, theyr so objective and harsh towards other peoples pride and joy. if 50 people turned round and started ripping the f**k out of their clio at a meet they wouldnt like it. So why do it to others?!

If I Remember/Recall Correctly

Last edited:
  Mk1 Maxim Sport
Urgh! Chris.....I am a 'young' driver, and I can only just afford my 172. BUT.....prior to having it, Ive had a few different cars, and Ive never attempted to make it look like something it isnt! I know 'young' drivers have it tough getting nice cars but why spend a fortune on that...why not save the money instead for a year or whatever...and then buy the real deal? This is my point...you keep going on about 'not being able to afford V6' etc..well neither can I! But as already said...He's obviously spent several thousand on that 'thing' which he could have put towards something decent tbh!
Rant over! (for now ;))

posted before saw other replies lol :p

Young driver??? a female at 24! u get it easy! trust me. My insurance is most probably more than what u paid for ur car!! Wen i mention young drivers i am reffering to 17/18 yr old lads who get it the toughest through insurance etc. I agree with what ur saying about saving up etc etc but at the end of the day wen ur young u just want wat u want to look the best it can dont ya! so thats what they do. Im saving up now for a 172 but i still want my mk1 to look the best possible. But i do c ur point

Lol an cheers for the tbh! i already knew that one

Family Bus
Well i reckon hes probably spent bout 2 and a half on that car, if the interior is still standard. He hasnt realy dont alot apart from the kit and spray which wont of cost im more than 2.5. Which wouldnt of bought im a 172 or the insurance.

If it was that easy an that cheap to have a 1*2 then id have one! i wouldnt be saving up like a dick just to buy one! it aint easy mate.

FLOL! Shows what you know!

Add the original cost of the car.... at least 2k yeah?
plus the mods ......2.5
what does that equal??? Ohhh 4.5 k!

YOU COULD GET A 02 FF 172 FOR THAT EASILY! Or a Ph1 and Insurance for a year at least!
Deary me! Am I getting old?? :(

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio

How much did the car cost on top of that? 3-4K so thats an early phase 1 172 with 2 years insurance.

Job done its a good un.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
thats wat im tryin to get at!! its not!!!!!!!

Cheapest iv been quoted on a 172 is £1800! generally £2000. Plus the cost of the car 3.5 to 4 k thats round the 6k mark! 18 yr olds cannnot afford 6k for a car!

Family Bus
Did you fail maths at school....we are discussing the gentlemans (ahem) yellow creation are we not....and you are defending him by saying he cant afford a 'real' car ;) However...you just said the 6k mark....did Mace not just add some figures that come to roughly 6k? Hmmmm think its bedtime for me before my head explodes LOL

Mk1 Maxim Sport

How much did the car cost on top of that? 3-4K so thats an early phase 1 172 with 2 years insurance.

Job done its a good un.

4k = a phase 1 172 plus 2 years insurance, i bloody well wish! 4k would just about get me 2 years insurance without the flamin car!

misread!! lol fair enuff 6k would just about get ya a 172 with a years insurance at a push.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
I'm not saying you mate, I'm saying the geezer who did the LY jap crap could have spent his money better and got a 1*2. If he has declared his mods he is going to be paying well above the 1K mark anyway.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Did you fail maths at school....we are discussing the gentlemans (ahem) yellow creation are we not....and you are defending him by saying he cant afford a 'real' car ;) However...you just said the 6k mark....did Mace not just add some figures that come to roughly 6k? Hmmmm think its bedtime for me before my head explodes LOL

Just go with the flow :rasp:

And no i didnt i got a B, got a B in english aswel i just misread what mace had written

Mk1 Maxim Sport
I'm not saying you mate, I'm saying the geezer who did the LY jap crap could have spent his money better and got a 1*2. If he has declared his mods he is going to be paying well above the 1K mark anyway.

I agree with u there mate, but my original argument was not about how he spends his money it was why everyone has to insult other peoples cars so much.

I doubt very much he will have declared as they probably wouldnt have insured him, assuming hes young that is. I bet hes probably about 25 cause no "young" driver has the time or money to put into a car like that

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
So, if you reckon he is 25, do you think you'll be doing that to 1.2s in your years to come? I doubt it, like you said, I you were older and could afford a 1*2 you would. He has spent thousands on devaluing a car. Not worth it. If you are going to keep it for ever ok, but a 1.2 I don't think so.

IF the dude has done all that & not declared it, he's a fool. Tbh I doubt he is 25 at all, probably 22 if that.

Some young drivers do have money, a few on here are young, there are some who are 18 with 172's - no lie, one dude was 19 & had a v6.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
ye i know wat u mean, but mayb thats what he wanted to do. some people prefer having show cars than performance cars correct?? And hes not necceserily devaluing it either as im sure some new 17yr old driver with a rich mummy and daddy will buy it regardless of price. But anyway wat exactly are we discussin now cause think weve lost track

Mk1 Maxim Sport
IF the dude has done all that & not declared it, he's a fool. Tbh I doubt he is 25 at all, probably 22 if that.

Some young drivers do have money, a few on here are young, there are some who are 18 with 172's - no lie, one dude was 19 & had a v6.

Young drivers?? or young drivers rich mummy and daddy who have landed them a good job in daddys business getting paid more than any1 else ther ;)

Read my last post, it's not all about mummy & daddy this & them that etc, some folk started work at 16, saved a bit by running a standard car, then when they are 18/19 go out & get a 172 etc.

Family Bus
It took me until I was 24 to get my 172..but I was happy (ish) to ride around in something less attractive/speedy knowing that I would get a nice car WHEN I could afford it, and not looking like a tw*t in the meantime.
And I agree 100% with Mace and Cat...I dont know anyone who's mummy and daddy have bought them a car! Regardless of wealth...the people I know have worked damn hard to achieve their dreams!
Thanks and Goodnight!

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
We're discussing someone who has a 1.* who has kitted a euro car in jap styling and painted it in RS colours, that people on here don't like.

What the majority are saying is, why not spend the money on a performance car that is not an ugly looking car(1*2 or jap crap), instead of taking a clio and making it personal that will deter 99% of potential buyers? and you can add the argument of he likes it, but is he going to keep it for another 10 years?

PH1 172
to be honest the colur looks well considering it has been resprayed...would be nice to see a genuine LY beside it to see how good the colour is!

Mk1 Maxim Sport
It took me until I was 24 to get my 172..but I was happy (ish) to ride around in something less attractive/speedy knowing that I would get a nice car WHEN I could afford it, and not looking like a tw*t in the meantime.
And I agree 100% with Mace and Cat...I dont know anyone who's mummy and daddy have bought them a car! Regardless of wealth...the people I know have worked damn hard to achieve their dreams!
Thanks and Goodnight!

I meant the young 18yr olds tbh who have 1*2's. Their parents must have an input in it somewhere because i just cant see how its possible for an 17/18yr old to be affording performance cars like that. Iv got many mates who have had various cars bought for them by their parents and they couldnt give a s**t about their cars, they have bumps an just say "oh well". Iv worked my arse off to pay for my mk1 and its exactly what im intending to do to get the 172

Mk1 Maxim Sport
lol guess thats a thread over then!

Night all, good chattin wit ya. No hard feelings i hope i just love gettin into heated debates lmao.