ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid waste??

Porsche Boxster987S
cruise-24.jpg

cruise-29.jpg

cruise-16.jpg

Porsche Boxster987S
apologise if owner is a member but tell me theyve not done that to an ly:dapprove:

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
That's got zero redeeming features.

Dan

I reckon so, yeah.
Strathy cruise says it all tbh, I think i'm yet to see one nice car from that site !

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
I remember in my youth when I would have thought of doing something like that, I hang my head in shame:(

Mk1 Maxim Sport
How trends move on in such a short space of time. Two years ago that would have been quite acceptable on the modded Max Power scene.

It still is acceptable mate and it looks smart, u lot r all just stuck in the O.A.P. modding scene. Why is that every single bloody time someone sees a clio thats modded a bit different to all urs they stick it on ere an everyone goes "oh no" "oh god" "oh deary fukin me" GET OVER IT!! Some people want to go further with modding cars than just lowering and alloys ffs an its pretty obvious that the majority on here are against it for some silly reason.

Theyv not "ruined" the car at all, theyv modded it to their taste. If it was "ruined" it would be smashed up in a pile somewhere after hitting a wall.

Get a grip of urselves ffs

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
How trends move on in such a short space of time. Two years ago that would have been quite acceptable on the modded Max Power scene.

It still is acceptable mate and it looks smart, u lot r all just stuck in the O.A.P. modding scene. Why is that every single bloody time someone sees a clio thats modded a bit different to all urs they stick it on ere an everyone goes "oh no" "oh god" "oh deary fukin me" GET OVER IT!! Some people want to go further with modding cars than just lowering and alloys ffs an its pretty obvious that the majority on here are against it for some silly reason.

Theyv not "ruined" the car at all, theyv modded it to their taste. If it was "ruined" it would be smashed up in a pile somewhere after hitting a wall.

Ladies and Gentleman i present to you, a chav

Mk1 Maxim Sport

Ladies and Gentleman i present to you, a chav

Call me what u want pal i couldnt give a s**t tbh, it just really pisses me off the way that all of u r so narrow minded wen it comes to modding. Even i think some mods look rediculous, but things like that clio do look nice imo. Its been done well and not tacky. U all say that "wen u were younger u used to be like that" so it cant be that bad if u were all like that at one stage! obviously u thought it looked good at the time so thats wat young drivers of today thinks look good, get over it!

Im so fed up of reading thread after thread of people moaning on about how a "chav" has ruined a car just because hes put summat different on than u lot.

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
Mate im only 17, used to think bodykits were great until i saw the error of my ways

One day you'll look back and think, daym those tsw venoms are crap

It's w**k.

No more needs to be said....

As for being an OAP, I'm sure the majoirty of people saying it's w**k fall in the age bracket of 17-25!

IF that car didn't have those bumpers on it & those skirts, it would look better. No one & I mean no one (apart from those with no taste) likes that stuff (I think it's car zone) It's cheap looking gear.

I can also guess that underneath the bonnet it's a 1.2 as well.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
In the modding sense ur O.A.P's not literallly!

Its like uv all missed out on the first few years when u muck around and try stuff out to see how it looks, uv all just gone for the boring old 40yr old approach, alloys, lowered, job done.

Or instead most have saved up their hard earned instead of spunking it on mods & bought a 172 etc instead.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
The people who design these cars are not paid alot of money for no reason, they design them for what the majority of the buying public will like. The Renault Sport range is meant for a mass market, so they have designed it for that and 80% or more of people who buy one will like its looks. If someone paints a non sport a sport coulour and sticks a jap crap bodykit on it, 80% of people aren't going to like it.

Or instead most have saved up their hard earned instead of spunking it on mods & bought a 172 etc instead.

Coulodn't agree more!

As for trying weird and wonderful mods, after seeing the the amount of cash crazy clio spunked on his motor for it to look w**k I'd rather keep my car looking standard.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Well the 20% who would like it aint on this forum thats for sure.

Cat i know what ur saying but u forget that many younger drivers can nowhere near afford to buy or run a 1*2. I would love a 172 if i could afford it and i am infact saving up to try an pay just the insurance never mind buying the car. But there are always those who have money to blow, like this kid whos done that to his clio. Hes obviously got money to waste an he likes the look of it so is there really any need for everyone to start ripping him for it.

I agree with u mace an i know what u mean but all i am trying to get at is the approach the majority on cs have towards other styles of modification. Many jap style cars arent that bad, there are many that are awful but still alot of very smart cars. But CS always seems to detest anything thats individual or different. Thats what annoys me.

Its just the way that day after day more threads appear wiith another picture of a heavily modified car and everyone goes "oh awful" etc etc then the next day wen they see another one "oh awful" and it goes on and on and on. U see my point?

Family Bus
Not being funny...but Im sure the amount of money its cost the owner to create that monstrosity is near on the amount that would be needed to purchase a 172.....can pick decent ph1's up for around 3.5k now! ( I think lol)
Its not to do with being 'up our own arses' its about having taste and appreciation for cars, and not wanting to look like idiots lol. If the owner likes it then good on him, but it really is shocking tbh! Waste of a car!

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
Not being funny...but Im sure the amount of money its cost the owner to create that monstrosity is near on the amount that would be needed to purchase a 172.....can pick decent ph1's up for around 3.5k now! ( I think lol)
Its not to do with being 'up our own arses' its about having taste and appreciation for cars, and not wanting to look like idiots lol. If the owner likes it then good on him, but it really is shocking tbh! Waste of a car!

I totally agree, why put jap crap styling on an european car? If he liked the jap crap look, why not buy a starlet or pulsar that you could pick up for less money and then go from there? I think that people get a european car and then think they can turn it into some jap crap look alike, it will never happen. These type of things spent time in max power about 10 years ago and I have said earlier I would have done this, but he is 2-5 years to late, you laugh at people in shell suits nowadays don't you? (sorry if you northerners are still wearing them;))

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Mate im only 17, used to think bodykits were great until i saw the error of my ways

One day you'll look back and think, daym those tsw venoms are crap

Yeh ur only 17 and unfortunatelly u joined this site way too early an av already bin brainwashed into their world of boring mods.

One day ill look back an think??? dont patronise me fella. I do think the majority of bodykits are awful an look shite but the rite kit on the rite car does look good wether ull admit it or not. I just hate the way that ppl on this forum dnt even give things a chance. Like their scared of something different.

But i disagree with lil blondie to a certain point. A few of my mates who have got heavily modified cars (saxos, puntos corsas etc) and yes many of em r chavs before u say it, spend hours and hours looking after their cars, cleaning them, maintaning them etc etc so how is that not appreaction for cars?? Just because u can afford a performance car does not mean u have an appreciaiton for cars.

An to mace, if u look in max power tommorow morning ull still see the majority of cars in there are modified with jap bodykits etc etc so i dnt c why u think its 2 - 5 years too late. mayb its been 5 years since u were into that kinda thing but it aint changed just cause uv got older. But i do agree with the whole european / jap thing. I was just using the jap modifying scene as an example. But the thing is, if that ly had put a different front bumper on would it be getting ripped to f**k then??

Last edited:
  Family Bus
FFS! Is not about BORING mods!! Its about mods that Improve the styling and performance of your car!!! Sticking huge bits of crap on the side and front does nothing but make you look like a total n4p tbh! For me, its about a good blend of the two...a car that looks the business, but also can prove itself on the road! I just dont really see the point in putting all that time, effort and money into something that at the end of the day resembles a lego brick!

LY182/NHB CTR
I have to say I too do get sick of some of the nasty comments people make on car forums about other peoples pride and joy..

OK there are lots of things I dont like and are not my thing but it wouldnt do for us all to be the same.. and what a boring world it would be if we were..

If you like it or you dont like, does it really matter as long as the owner is happy and better to be spending money and time doing that then mugging old ladies etc..

My mother use to say if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all.. now wouldnt it be a nicer place if people were not so bitchy ;)

Family Bus
Of course you are right! But this is a public forum and people are going to have their say about things posted on here arent they! Each to their own...but I stick with my comments tbh

Mk1 Maxim Sport
p.s. keep going im enjoying this lol! a decent conversation for once!

an cat dont start with them flamin +1's again lol