ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid Yellow Repair

Clio RS 200
Hello All,

I wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations on where to get Liquid yellow body work resprayed. I've heard people mention repair and restore in Goole but I'm based in Essex so I'd ideally like somewhere a little closer to home.

Please let me know if you've had any experience with Body shops working on LY and if they got a good match or not.

Thanks!

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Use a BSI approved bodyshop. Top of their game and because they are kitemarked like a builder or joiner they have to do things properly and the repairs and paint perfect.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Use a BSI approved bodyshop. Top of their game and because they are kitemarked like a builder or joiner they have to do things properly and the repairs and paint perfect.
As much as I’d like to believe that’s true the paint job is only going to be as good as the painter on the day.

Clio RS 200
Thanks for all the responses. I'll look into a BSI approved bodyshop and the one mentioned by @frayz in Great Totham.
Just want to get a few quotes so that I can get an idea but only want quotes from places I'm willing to go to.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for all the responses. I'll look into a BSI approved bodyshop and the one mentioned by @frayz in Great Totham.
Just want to get a few quotes so that I can get an idea but only want quotes from places I'm willing to go to.

I'll just leave this here for you to have a look at mate.

Call and speak to Andy, tell him Frayz sent you.

They just cleaned up yet again at the Spa VW festival "Lebugshow" (biggest VW festival in Europe) winning best of show!

I'll just leave this here for you to have a look at mate.

Call and speak to Andy, tell him Frayz sent you.

They just cleaned up yet again at the Spa VW festival "Lebugshow" (biggest VW festival in Europe) winning best of show!

I used them for some rust removal on my windscreen frame / A-pillars the other year.

They managed to do it without removing the windscreen, which is fine and I appreciate the labour savings / reduced risk of breakage and new parts being needed.

Yes, it was winter, and yes, it was not an old VW, and yes, I picked it up in the dark and the rain and didn't check it properly... but I noticed it was still bubbling up as soon as I did look at it properly, which couldn't have been more than a couple of days (I really can't remember).

I didn't get back to them because a) I'm British and never complain and b) I don't like to make a fuss, but I am going to have to get it done again before I lose all structural integrity in the pillars and have to write the whole shell off :(.

I was a bit disappointed, given the quality of their full resto work :(

I should have made more of a fuss but I hate confrontation.

[/lesson learned]

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
I used them for some rust removal on my windscreen frame / A-pillars the other year.

They managed to do it without removing the windscreen, which is fine and I appreciate the labour savings / reduced risk of breakage and new parts being needed.

Yes, it was winter, and yes, it was not an old VW, and yes, I picked it up in the dark and the rain and didn't check it properly... but I noticed it was still bubbling up as soon as I did look at it properly, which couldn't have been more than a couple of days (I really can't remember).

I didn't get back to them because a) I'm British and never complain and b) I don't like to make a fuss, but I am going to have to get it done again before I lose all structural integrity in the pillars and have to write the whole shell off :(.

[/lesson learned]

That’s a shame dude and I can only speak as I find, as can you. You deffo should have told them about it, as nobody can do anything if you don’t make them aware.

Sorry to hear of your experience.

That’s a shame dude and I can only speak as I find, as can you. You deffo should have told them about it, as nobody can do anything if you don’t make them aware.

Sorry to hear of your experience.
You are right, of course, but I just kind of felt that like most garages/shops, once you've left the premises the first time, you're on a hiding to nothing if you come back and say something is wrong because many/most places will just say or imply that it was your fault while in your possession - hence I didn't want to create waves.

Am I a walkover? Maybe...

I was hoping that this summer was going to be long and hot again so I could get it repainted and get it dry and sealed properly for evil salty winter, but so far so fail... lol

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
As much as I’d like to believe that’s true the paint job is only going to be as good as the painter on the day.
I work for an approved BMW dealership in the bodyshop, I'm senior ATA panel technician and just moved up to workshop controller. No jobs leave our shop unless they are 100%.
That includes the body repair, paint and the overall finish of the work carried out. We are governed by BSI and their strict rulings as will other shops with the BSI kite mark approval.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member

[/lesson learned]

If the corrosion goes behind the screen you need the screen out because it will most definitely be behind the screen aswell. Most corrosion in that area is from a screen previously being fitted and damaging the paint leaving it to start rusting rather than using the window primer to cover any exposed areas. Your screen is a bonded component and adds strength to the chassis and it is only secured via the window bonding. If the bonding is only stuck on to rust it's not stuck at all. Bite the bullet and get that screen out m8.