ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

list from garage

elreg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Track Car
Bought a 52 plate cup on sunday with 70k miles on it.

Put it into the garage that i have used for every car that ive owned and he gave me a list of faults:

cv boot needs new grease & tie wraps
(is there a kit i can buy for this or is it just standard cv grease and a tie wrap?)

near side rear shocker leaking
(would i be best replacing with standard shocker or goin for a full upgrade all round?)

brake load valve missing
(can i buy just the valve or does it need to be the full assembly and are these standard on all 172's or is the cup different?)

oil leaks (minor) at sump, rear crank & cambox
(are these just seals or is it a case of taking engine apart etc?)

top engine mount soft
(want to upgrade to a competition spec engine mount, where can i get these?)

exhaust has been sleeved and blowing
(best exhaust for performance)

i got the car at a really good price so i dont mind spending a wee bit on getting it in better condition, the car will be mostly used as a track car so if possible id like to upgrade any of the faults with aftermarket parts.

the garage has gave me a "ball park figure" of £500 which i think is pretty good????

CS Dungeon
Bought a 52 plate cup on sunday with 70k miles on it.

Put it into the garage that i have used for every car that ive owned and he gave me a list of faults:

cv boot needs new grease & tie wraps
(is there a kit i can buy for this or is it just standard cv grease and a tie wrap?)

You need proper metal band clips to secure the cv boot after re-greasing, tie wraps aint really upto the job, easy DIY

near side rear shocker leaking
(would i be best replacing with standard shocker or goin for a full upgrade all round?)

Just replace the shock, or both the of rears at the most, 20min job if that, easy DIY

brake load valve missing
(can i buy just the valve or does it need to be the full assembly and are these standard on all 172's or is the cup different?)

CUP's dont have the bias valve mate

oil leaks (minor) at sump, rear crank & cambox
(are these just seals or is it a case of taking engine apart etc?)

Clio's are known for there leaks, keep an eye on them and just make sure you keep topping them up regular if they are not too bad

top engine mount soft
(want to upgrade to a competition spec engine mount, where can i get these?)

Yozza do competition mounts, but the full kit is approx £1000 http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/proddet...port_ph2_172_group_n_engine_mount_kit&cat=202

exhaust has been sleeved and blowing
(best exhaust for performance)

You will get 50 different answers on this one, its all down to personal preference, personally i'd go for either a Yozzasport 3" recessed or a GDI recessed. Both get great reviews

i got the car at a really good price so i dont mind spending a wee bit on getting it in better condition, the car will be mostly used as a track car so if possible id like to upgrade any of the faults with aftermarket parts.

the garage has gave me a "ball park figure" of £500 which i think is pretty good????

Hope that helps mate

elreg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Track Car
thats great mate, i contacted renault today and they informed me about the bias valve, also ordered the 2 rear shocks, standard engine mounts and cv boot grease kit.just checking cheapest place to get prolines from now annd thats that sorted.

is it worth getting the exhaust de-catted?

CS Dungeon
thats great mate, i contacted renault today and they informed me about the bias valve, also ordered the 2 rear shocks, standard engine mounts and cv boot grease kit.just checking cheapest place to get prolines from now annd thats that sorted.

is it worth getting the exhaust de-catted?

Good choice on the prolines

I would definately get a de-cat if you can be doing with the hassle come mot time.
I have just fitted a decat to my 172 and already have one on the williams and hybrid.