ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little Bit of Help Needed

Am looking at buying a Clio 172, probably an 02 plate, with <30k mileage.

Just after a bit of information.

Could anyone give me any detail of revisions since then, in terms of features. I know Mk2s came out late 2001, itll be a mk2 im after, just wondered at what times any features were changed.

Also has anyone got any good pictures of a 172 interior, seats look very nice but unsure about dash etc.

Thanks for any help

Ste

DC5

Welcome :)

I dont think I will be much help to the above though, although Im sure someone will be. I have no pictures, and dont know of any revisions. Other than the obvious change from 172bhp to 182bhp.

Either way you will love any RS clio you buy!

Later MK2 phase 2s (ie with triangular lights) on about 53 phate had crusie control and soem electronic stability system fitted apart from that there no difference in any Mk 2 phase 2 Clio 172.

The changed bits on the Mk2 phase 2 from the phase 1 include a shorter ratio gearbox (to ensure they were still as quick as they had the same power but more weight), Zeons, more elctrics in the car including electric throttle body. Also the spare became a metal one instead of an alloy in the phase 1s. There more airbags plus the body was given some more strenghtening although youll never be able to tell. You also get light sensitive lights and wipers which work when it rains altomatically. The cd changer was removed from the standard spec list as well although many people opted for one. The Mk1s I dont think have Climate control only aircon the Mk2 2 172s have climate as standard.

There always the 172 Cups though which didnt have zeons were lighter came mainly in blue although there are a few silvers and mainly without aircon although a few have it.

Bets go have a sit in a few theres always one at a Renault dealer locally there the same as the 182s realy so sit in one of them or look on the Renault site at the 182s. They do look very nice inside I wouldnt let the dash put you off there superb cars.

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by stehodges on 14 June 2005

Thanks for the pic, probably looking at a later 03 plate then with Cruise control and ESP if possible.
That pic was from my 03 172 - it had ESP (button on far right of pic), but I think cruise control wasnt until the later 53 models.

Sure ive seen somewhere that it got replaced by cruise control.

Just not sure if they were both standard, or options, still unclear of the best phase to go for, i know Phase 2 Mk2, but fancy cruise control, not too worried about EPS.

6cd changer wasnt always standard. IIRC when they fitted esp and cruise 03/53 plate as standard the 6cd changer became a £250 option