ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Local Area Subdivisions (please read)

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Great idea, would happily go to micro meet with CS'ers if local to Edinburgh for a beer/meal now and again

Glasgow is a bit of trek/boring drive so I think Johns idea above is good. Unless you do it by citys - not sure if possible

I'd say Inverness (Nw), Grampian (ne), Lothian, fife, borders (se) and Glasgow, ayr, Dumfries, Argyllshire (sw).

But that's just me.

Re driving meets, good points, dunno if we have anyone sensible enough, maybe @arg_carra but even he's got a bit racy these days ;)

LOL! Nah I'm still a sensible heed! Unless at the Nurburgring as proven. I'd be happy to lead any driving meets however I don't have the best sense of direction so be prepared for a few wrong turnings.

In my opinion Scotland is too vast to split by the major cities. For example, I am about to move to the extreme west of Scotland (Kintyre Peninsula) and my nearest major city will still be Glasgow which is a 3 hour drive and 136 miles away.

I think the suggestion to split into 4 sections in terms of geographical areas is much better. I am happy to help in the west of the country if required.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Aye John's split sounds good.

As for driving meets, well everyone enjoys a blast now and then. I've been to a couple and even the older guys don't hang about. I suppose everyone gets a bit excited

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I'd say Inverness (Nw), Grampian (ne), Lothian, fife, borders (se) and Glasgow, ayr, Dumfries, Argyllshire (sw).

But that's just me.

Re driving meets, good points, dunno if we have anyone sensible enough, maybe arg_carra but even he's got a bit racy these days ;)

And in each of these sections someone would be willing to put themselves forward and apply to be a rep?

Because that's going to be the problem if I split it 4 times will 4 people want take it on?

Bearing in mind I will be on people backs if the go quiet for a considerable amount of time but they will get a free membership from taking it on.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Hopefully yes. I suppose having it so that the free membership happens after a year may help a bit, regular contact from you if things are slack as well. It would almost be a team effort between the 4 as well.
What's the likely start date? I've been speaking to RDR a bit about this too, didn't realise that he's more about the social media side and your more about areas, sorry!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd probably be happy to put myself forward to help out if required. I'd probably say it would be SE going by where I stay, although I'm pretty central between SE and SW (if that's the split we're going for).

I think with a 4 way split, it'd make it more manageable for the reps tbh, so I don't think you'll have a problem getting people to do it.

Am I right in saying in VERY basic terms, the split is going to be essentially Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness and Aberdeen, with each including their surrounding areas?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd be willing to cover the NW/inverness area.

Although I'm currently banned. I don't think there will be much going on over winter anyways so shouldn't be an issue.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd probably be happy to put myself forward to help out if required. I'd probably say it would be SE going by where I stay, although I'm pretty central between SE and SW (if that's the split we're going for).

I think with a 4 way split, it'd make it more manageable for the reps tbh, so I don't think you'll have a problem getting people to do it.

Am I right in saying in VERY basic terms, the split is going to be essentially Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness and Aberdeen, with each including their surrounding areas?

Thats my idea anyway, I just go by NHS boards cos thats how my work goes!

Clio 172 PH2
I'm a member on Alfa Owner too, they simply have north and south scotland and it seems to work pretty good, plenty of meets although pretty much always the same crowd! Id be willing to attend local meets in and around the Edinburgh area.

172 cup, Impreza P1
My 2p worth, North, south and Knockhill meets.
arg_carra - If Glasgow is the closest city and still too far away, what other options do you have.

At the end of the day, meets need people and they tend to live in or near cities. Glasgow and Edinburgh/Fife are within easy reach of one another, Inverness/Aberdeen to the south not so much. Dundee/Perth has the choice of either.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
arg_carra - If Glasgow is the closest city and still too far away, what other options do you have.

At the end of the day, meets need people and they tend to live in or near cities. Glasgow and Edinburgh/Fife are within easy reach of one another, Inverness/Aberdeen to the south not so much. Dundee/Perth has the choice of either.

Is it really worth having a whole section and a rep for knockhill though? It's probably one of the best organised aspects of meets in Scotland from what I've seen and I don't think having a rep to organise things for it would do any more. Maybe have a dedicated section within whatever region it falls under. I don't attend track days or that though, so can't speak from experience, just my opinion on it from what I've seen on here.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
One point I've just thought of is I still think it should just be the one Scotland sub forum, not however many it gets split into. Just to maximise views

172 cup, Impreza P1
Is it really worth having a whole section and a rep for knockhill though? It's probably one of the best organised aspects of meets in Scotland from what I've seen and I don't think having a rep to organise things for it would do any more. Maybe have a dedicated section within whatever region it falls under. I don't attend track days or that though, so can't speak from experience, just my opinion on it from what I've seen on here.

Lots on at knockhill with shows, stands and trackdays. With someone organising it would be the busiest rep I think. Not an area rep I agree but a rep all the same.

One point I've just thought of is I still think it should just be the one Scotland sub forum, not however many it gets split into. Just to maximise views

Agree.

@arg_carra - If Glasgow is the closest city and still too far away, what other options do you have.

Maybe i didnt word my reply well. All i meant was defining "borders" or "areas" by major cities is useless. Far better going for districts like previously discussed like SE, NW etc. I dont mind travelling to Glasgow and beyond once and a while. :)

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Lots on at knockhill with shows, stands and trackdays. With someone organising it would be the busiest rep I think. Not an area rep I agree but a rep all the same.

Fair point actually, never thought of it that way. I was thinking more along the lines of whoever was the area rep for the region that included knockhill, could cover it. But that would be a lot of work.

Also, Djw John, I thought it would've been best to split the sections up? Would let people see what's on in their area a lot easier than if they had to sift through threads from other sections.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Maybe the reps could take it turns to organise kh? Tbh it's only the one a year that requires pre-payment (pfc) that is any more work than any other meet there.
I reckon one forum but topics are started with "SE-xxxxx" or similar.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Probably being stupid here but what would be the advantages of keeping it in one forum?

People who don't mind traveling seeing everything without going through loads of links to look about, as above title will define sub area I think.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
And as for the reps I think if there is a busy area then local reps can give a hand to take some of the burden.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
There isn't enough going on in each area to fill a full sub forum, look at this one, it's the whole country and not exactly a fast paced turnover of threads.
If it's altogether and well titled it's easy to see if one is in your area but also easy to see if one is in a different area but nearby and also means the national ones like PFC and anything else big has somewhere to be. More people seeing the threads means more potential attendees.

Knockhill is a fair point, it is where most meets happen as there is usually an event on. I may be speaking for myself but sitting in a car park has not got quite the same appeal.....must be getting old!

We did have a Glasgow meet at Xcape but that must be coming on for 18 months ago......and it was snowing.