ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Local Area Subdivisions (please read)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
We are looking to completely revamp local area meets over the coming weeks. The imminent arrival of the new forum platform makes arranging meetings incredibly easy and we want to take full advantage of this.

One aspect we have spoken about is dividing all regions into smaller subdivisions to encourage more members to attend. Let's call them micro meets.

The idea being that micro meets could be organised during the week and then larger meets incorporating all subdivisions could be arranged at weekends.

We would need each subdivision to have its own rep and for them to regularly communicate with the other reps to coordinate the bigger 'weekend' meetings.

What we need to know from you guys is how best to divide the areas up into actions. Does your area even need dividing up?

There will be an application process for area reps once we have everything in place.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Ron
CS Admin

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I think you may need to look at each area on a case-to-case basis and thus determine whether or not it makes sense. For example, the Wales area (whilst covering a potentially large area) is very quiet. I'm all for engaging with the community and for getting people out and meeting each other but I think it would be overkill in this particular instance. My concern would be that there would simply not be enough people in a given area to run, and sustain, meets on such a regular basis. Or, indeed, enough people able to make midweek meets. Maybe a bi-monthly or monthly meet schedule would be a better option...

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I think you may need to look at each area on a case-to-case basis and thus determine whether or not it makes sense. For example, the Wales area (whilst covering a potentially large area) is very quiet. I'm all for engaging with the community and for getting people out and meeting each other but I think it would be overkill in this particular instance. My concern would be that there would simply not be enough people in a given area to run, and sustain, meets on such a regular basis. Or, indeed, enough people able to make midweek meets. Maybe a bi-monthly or monthly meet schedule would be a better option...

Cheers Andy. That's exactly the type of feedback I was hoping for ;)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
as a "southerner", i can only give my input as far as the south is concerned and guess with the north.

south wales needs 2 south wales reps (1 west, 1 east)
west covers from fishguard to swansea/neath/port talbot area
east covers from swansea/neath/port talbot area to newport/the border

a central wales rep would probably be wasted as i dont believe there are many central wales members
and north wales needs at least 1 rep, maybe 2 (split in a similar fashion to the south)

personal opinion of course

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I'll see if we can amend the application form to show NE, NE, SE and SW in the Wales area.

If it can't we will do a separate application for Wales after.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
I should be able to change it ok, two mins.

Can I suggest SE, SW, and a single area for the north for now? If you look at it, NW would probably cover Anglesey, Bangor, Llandudno etc, and then there's very little between that area and the North West - Ellesmere Port Chester area?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
like i said, i dont know much about the north. 1 would probably do it.

the south however definitely needs more than 1

Swift Sport
For me, I think meets might be more tempting if there were deal sweetners... Not everyone is happy standing in a carpark chatting rubbish. Some of the best meets I've been to have involved photoshoots, karting and countryside drives. All easy enough to organise.

Suzuki Jimny
Yeah Ste they are all easy to organise, but actually getting tight welshies to pay for things like karting is another matter, hence my resignation as wales area rep.

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
as a "southerner", i can only give my input as far as the south is concerned and guess with the north.

south wales needs 2 south wales reps (1 west, 1 east)
west covers from fishguard to swansea/neath/port talbot area
east covers from swansea/neath/port talbot area to newport/the border

a central wales rep would probably be wasted as i dont believe there are many central wales members
and north wales needs at least 1 rep, maybe 2 (split in a similar fashion to the south)

personal opinion of course
I agree with Jaffa on this one, two reps being more than enough for little old South Wales! Being from Fishguard myself I know of only a handfull of people who drive the cliosports that are actually on this forum withing a 30mile radius! Atleast if we had a east and a west division it opens up the area radius for us loners that live on the edge of the welsh country (before falling into the Irish Sea) to meet up with more central people but not too far away from us :smile:...

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I agree with Jaffa on this one, two reps being more than enough for little old South Wales! Being from Fishguard myself I know of only a handfull of people who drive the cliosports that are actually on this forum withing a 30mile radius! Atleast if we had a east and a west division it opens up the area radius for us loners that live on the edge of the welsh country (before falling into the Irish Sea) to meet up with more central people but not too far away from us :smile:...

I hope that means you'll be sticking a application in :)