ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Location of Clio Mk3 drain holes

Clio
Hi,

I'm familiar with mk2 Clio drains and easy way to clear them via front wheel arches.

Where are the drains on a mk3 ?
Is there a central drain, like mk2?
Can they be cleaned more simply by accessing by removing wheel arch panel, like mk2 ?

Any other drains worth clearing on mk3 ?

Thanks

Clio 2.0 138hp
Hi,

I'm familiar with mk2 Clio drains and easy way to clear them via front wheel arches.

Where are the drains on a mk3 ?
Is there a central drain, like mk2?
Can they be cleaned more simply by accessing by removing wheel arch panel, like mk2 ?

Any other drains worth clearing on mk3 ?

Thanks
As far as i remember there are only 2 in the scuttle panel, one either end. Easiest way is to remove the scuttle cover, it can be quite tight access otherwise. There's a rubber tube in the drains that gets clogged, most people sack the tube off which stops it getting blocked with crap. Ive done just that and not had any issues so far. I would recommend clearing out the bonnet hinge areas as they seem to get full of leaves all the time

Clio
most people sack the tube off which stops it getting blocked with crap.
Not sure what you mean?
Is the tube accessible from the wheel arches, cause I can stick a wire up and pull it out if so - would be much easier than removing wipers etc?

Clio 2.0 138hp
Not sure what you mean?
Is the tube accessible from the wheel arches, cause I can stick a wire up and pull it out if so - would be much easier than removing wipers etc?
I mean, most people remove the rubber tube and just leave the hole instead to try and stop it blocking
Im not sure about access underneath. You might be able to, but i cant see it being very easy. You would have to reach right up through from underneath

Clio
Ok thanks. On the mk2 the drain was simply a hole through to the wheel arch, so removing the plastic arch cover (turn the wheel to one side) made it easy to clean, compared to taking the wipers out, and the middle one had a tube into the engine compartment. I'll prob try the arch first and see if it's the same, if not I'll access through the scuttle.