ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking drivers door on Clio 182

Renault Clio RS 182
My first question on here, hopefully somebody will be able to help me out.

I came out this morning to find the battery on my 182 stone dead. I opened the passenger door with the key and then opened the driver's door from inside the car. I removed the battery and shoved it on charge. I went back to lock the car up and discovered there doesn't appear to be a way of locking the drivers door without the battery connected. Is that the case or am I missing something ?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
If there's no mechanical lock then no, you'll need power of some sort to activate the central locking.

You could pop the battery back on and lock the car using the button on the dash with passenger door open, then remove battery and lock the passenger door with the key.

There should be enough charge after a couple of hours to operate the locking if nothing else

Renault Clio RS 182
Thanks for the reply. Ya I have the battery on charge at the moment and that's what I'm going to do today. I just thought I was missing something as I couldn't find a way to lock the car without the battery connected. At least you've confirmed that is the case now. Thanks again.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Some came with locks on both doors, so I wonder whether this was an option from factory?

Boot lock operates the same way too, in that it needs power to operate, there's no mechanical way to operate (unless you take off the plastic panel and push the link rod around)

Renault Clio RS 182
It might be I suppose... a strange option though (!)
I'm about to embark on a large amount of work on the car - cambelt/dephaser etc... so I'll have the whole thing to pieces over Easter. I'll probably be taking up residence on the forum then :)