ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking my race car

koksracing

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Hi all,

after some advice please.
I have a clio 182 which I am using in the ktec clio championship with 750mc. When I bought the car it had a keyless entry and as such I have no keys at al and the car starts on a button.

that’s all fine but I want to be able to lock it from time to time. The door locks are still there from what I can tell but I think the central locking might be removed.there is only the door lock on the passenger side as the driver door is flush.

so any suggestions on what I should do?

I was thinking I would need to reconnect the central locking and then buy a key fob and programme it? Any other suggestions

not looking for the car to be Fort Knox just act as a deterrent for anyone looking for an easy steal.

thanks

Pete

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
You could get a universal central locking kit off ebay or just drill and install another lock into the drivers door.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Is it not possible to lock the drivers door from the inside and then just lock the passenger with the key on the outside?

koksracing

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Is it not possible to lock the drivers door from the inside and then just lock the passenger with the key on the outside?
That’s a good idea but the 182 doesn’t have anything that I can think of to lock the drivers door from the inside

koksracing

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Keyless entry as in it has no key, and push button start as in it's just hotwired basically?
It has a switch for a battery kill switch, ignition, then a start button. So probably hot wired but to buttons rather than a gone in 60 seconds special!!