ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking Nuts

White Sti Hatch
Got my car back today after some work on it and went to give the wheels n arches a clean but cant get the locking wheel nuts off as Key keeps slipping off honestly cant be arsed going to a garage to get them to lossen them off with air gun so will going at them with a Breaker Bar lossen them off or will it just f**k the key even more ??

Can wack a slightly smaller socket on to it..so it take the same shape...and get it of that way.
you will obviously have to get a new set after that though.

White Sti Hatch
Can wack a slightly smaller socket on to it..so it take the same shape...and get it of that way.
you will obviously have to get a new set after that though.

Not in the mood for doing that to 4 of my wheel and knowing my luck id knock chunks out them, way back to garage to get them to loosen them off

I'd buy a new set now, so your ready to swap them over when you do get the old ones off.

Also, just to add if you let a garage tighten your wheel nuts up with an air gun, slacken them off a bit & do them to the proper torue when you get in, as they go mad with the gun & tighten them up too much.
This is why you've now got the problem you have with your lock nuts. I personally hate air guns !

Boy selling locking nuts on here for £18, genuine Renault ones as well.

Less you want to me at the Arnold Sharks part desk in an hour? lol.

White Sti Hatch
Boy selling locking nuts on here for £18, genuine Renault ones as well.

Less you want to me at the Arnold Sharks part desk in an hour? lol.

Cheers mate, na thats to much effort for me atm cant be arsed moving

LY R27
if u do end up wrecking them ive got 2 extra sets of locking wheel nuts. the where left in the glove box when i bought them. lol