ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking Wheel Nut Help

Clio 182 w/ cup packs

Ive got the same problem, mines going to a garage next week for a new wheel bearing so they said they would get them off.

Good luck to them!lol

Mr2 Roadster

You can get reverse thread bolts. You drill a hole and then screw them in when they get all the way in they start to turn the wheel nut out (as they are revers thread!!!). Clever hey... a must have for everyone whos handy with the spanners! You can get a set of 5-6 at Halfords for under a tenner!!!

Trying to help someone get some Locking Wheel nuts off a car. Do not have the adapter to fit and unsure as to origin of nuts. Car is a 106 xsi with std. alloys.

So far the following have been tried:

Weld onto them and use as an anchor point to turn them - weld broke.

Drill the nuts out - failed.

Any other ideas?

easy..

get one of those spanners with all the pins in, that will adapt itself to the shape of the nut and it will come of easy as!! ive got one somewhere and its worked a treat cause i had the same issue! (by the way they are hlafords locking nuts in there)

Quote: Originally posted by ivegota16v on 02 November 2003

easy..

get one of those spanners with all the pins in, that will adapt itself to the shape of the nut and it will come of easy as!! ive got one somewhere and its worked a treat cause i had the same issue! (by the way they are hlafords locking nuts in there)
theres yer answer.........ive got one & havent met a locking wheel nut i couldnt get off with it yet

Thats ok if your locking wheel nut is in the shaped like a "nut" some use a key, abit like the delock keys people use to secure there bikes. Most decent locking nuts have this sort of design.

Nice 1 Dudes,

Can I get one of these spanners from Halfords? if not where do you recommend? Also could one of you post a picture of it so I know what im looking for when I ask.

Thanks,

Simon

you cant get them out by accessing them from the rear. grind a slit in the back of the nut and use a flat headed screwdriver to get it out. unless its seized lol.