ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking wheel nut key (lost)

RB 182 Cup
How much am I looking at? I don't want to hammer and chisel it to bits either! I am based in Colchester with the army so is there anyone on the forum from Colchester that could help? I'm going to visit a renaullt garage tomorrow who apparently has loads of keys spare.

CursedTitanium 182FF
Take a pic of your lock nuts & post it. I have one you can have if it is the same pattern.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
when i did this i just took it to the local friendly tyre place and they have loads!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Look in the original booklets that came with the car (if you have it) there might be a key code to have another cut. I lost mine two weeks ago, it was £18 and next day i got it.

RB 182 Cup
Yeah I'm going to pop down there tamoz when I can get the time in the day and see if they can take the f****** thimgs of my wheels. I have 15'' Ultraleggera's with Michelin PE2's waiting for be fitted. I'll keep you posted!!

Generally wont work on the renault ones as they have a solid outer collar. I had to weld up the centres on mine enough to build a pile of weld to hit a socket on to it.

GW 197 cup
when my key broke we just jacked it up, removed all other bolts, gave it a few good smacks and they undone by hand lol xD

RB 182 Cup
I spoke to the garage and they don't have the key's ffs. So it's either diy and smash the c**** off or order a key from Renault which is going to cost a bomb. How long did it take you to chisel it of the collar?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
For £18 I'd be ordering a new key.

Alternatively, I'd actually listen to the friendly advice and get a photo up of the key, someone local may have one you can borrow?

RB 182 Cup
No s*** Sherlock. 18 pound is not obviously breaking the bank but sadly at this time of the month I have no money to buy one from Renault. Oh yeah lets not jump the gun eh.... Pointless comment but never the less just to mock me. I'm getting a friend to lend me the money until payday. Other than that I have f*** all more to say.

big boost cup
No s*** Sherlock. 18 pound is not obviously breaking the bank but sadly at this time of the month I have no money to buy one from Renault. Oh yeah lets not jump the gun eh.... Pointless comment but never the less just to mock me. I'm getting a friend to lend me the money until payday. Other than that I have f*** all more to say.

Picture to see if anyone had the same one would of been cheaper