ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking Wheel nuts...

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Cn anyone recommend any decent ones? My adaptor snapped and I was in a similar situation to Ryhs, but luckily only 1 pin snapped and managed to get the old ones off.

So im looking for a decent set that has a decent adaptor. Everyone Iv ever had have been flimsy. Someone recommended Vauxhall ones??

Cheers

Craig

McGuards are absolutely fecking awsome. I wouldnt touch anything else. I have the origional renault ones and these on my car, bit of overkill but Il ike my wheels on MY car

Im not going to even bother with locking nuts once Ive got my situation sorted out. Seeing as it is going to cost more than the wheels are worth to sort the problem out, I might as well just chance it with Sheffields wheel thieves!

Craig - I cant send you the Renault "key" until I get my problem sorted as Ive discovered the gimps have used 1 Renault nut and 3 random, unknown nuts. Aaargh!

Rhys

Williams 2, STi N12

MCGUARDS!!!! The dogs danglies. I got them on mine, and a few months ago I bent the adapter cause it wasnt seated properly...but no worries..posted it back to Germany and they sent me a new one FOC!!!

Top in Auto Express as well.

A handy way to get those nasty Renaults ones off when the pins have sheared off is to get a socket and tw*t it over the remaining nut, this forges it into shape and workes a treat.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Were lokcking wheelnuts standard on teh 16v and if so is it the same adaptor?

Mine had 4 prongs on it until I lost it, only found out when at BB they wanted the wheel off to get to the cambelt and waterpump. They had to struggle with it on!

If it is the same adaptor used on all 16v has any1 got a spare or know where I can get 1? Need to do my rear brakes..... Try doing that with the wheels on !!!!!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

sounds about right. the bloke who did mine managed to make some more pins and fit them on to the holes in the adaptor. Worked a treat but still need some new ones.

What do the mcGard ones look like, are they the ones with the three prongs on the adaptor in a triangle shape

or do i have it wrong.

thanks

cat171

Clio 200 FF

no cat, the ones youre thinking of are trilock - totally crap as the pins break off. Mcguards have a pattern cut out in the inside of the nut

thanks for your help, now i know which ones you mean,

do they have a spinning collar around the top (above the thread) ?

as my wheel nuts have,

thanks cat171

I find the only really safe way to protect your wheels is to take them off and to take them to bed with you !!!!

The wife gets well and truly pi**ed off but it is totally fool proof and nobody has a chance of leaving me stranded !!!