ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lola The LY 182

LY 182
Okay, so having owned the car now for a couple months I'm starting to do some bits and bobs and thought I may as well get a project thread up.

So I got the car from a previous owner, with a few mods already.

- Yozzasport exhaust cat back
- 197 Style RS badge
- F1 team decal on the bonnet

It's full fat with both cup packs, and in pretty good nick. Here's a couple pics as she stands:

007cig.jpg

012kh.jpg

I've never really been hugely in to modifying. I guess because I haven't had a particularly fast car til I got this. Previously I had a Mk6 Fiesta ZS and always thought about doing some mods, but thought it's not really worth it due to it being a "warm hatch".

I just got my belts done by the guys at JAM-Sport and have since developed the urge to improve the car. Might be finally getting the "mod bug".. :eek:

I now have a brand new set of Trophy Turini's on order and should have them tomorrow. Massive sheep, but to me they just look win. And it's not like there's many LY's kicking about anyway. I hope to have them on by the weekend and I'll be departing with my 182 cup alloys. (Already agreed a sale on these).

I guess my lack of mods has partly been down to a lack of knowledge with cars in terms of the ins and outs of them, the best mods to do etc etc. For me at the moment the power is more than enough, so I won't be tampering with that as yet!

Mods that are planned soon are:

- V maxx coilovers
- New brake set up. Brembo HC / Fedoro DS2500 on the front w/ braided brake lines (all round) and Dot 5.1 fluid.

I hope to get the coilovers and brake set up within the next 7-10 days with the guys at JAM-Sport.

Then I want to get some paintwork done. The front bumper is stone chipped to hell, and a fair amount of cracked paint. Normal viewing is fine, but close up it's pretty heavy, so I want to get that sorted. I also have a random dark chip on the passenger door which I'm hoping I could get touched up.

I'll probably do some other of the "smaller mods" like some new mats, probably some new plates too. Might get my bullets and front diamond done in athracite too.

Hopefully i'll be able to update this at the weekend with some sheep content. :eek:

Thanks guys.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looking good mate, I love small mods.

Even things like new bushes and simple maintenence can transform the car to feel tight again.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Looking great! But that Ford KA seriously needs some back to black on those bumpers!

LY 182
Looking good mate, I love small mods.

Even things like new bushes and simple maintenence can transform the car to feel tight again.

Yeah I agree. There's plenty of little bits and bobs I am picking up on now that can transform the feel and look of the car.

Looking great! But that Ford KA seriously needs some back to black on those bumpers!

Lol that's what my old man drives haha! It was my sisters, I drove it for a couple months when I was buggered for a car and now my Dad uses it just to get to and from work. I should give it a detail haha. See how faded the paint is? Well I machine polished the bonnet for practice and the paint looks really new on the bonnet and faded to hell elsewhere. Pretty funny.

the guys at Jam Sport are the business, don't go to mad with the mods. It becomes addictive!

Yep Mark is a top bloke and the rest seem great. (Not met the others as such lol).

I farking LOVE liquids

Thanks! :star:

LY 182
Very nice mate a credit to you, whats the miles on it?

It's approaching 61k so not horrific for an 04 plate. That's my only reservation about the car really. Being a rare colour and such, I don't really wanna put too many miles on her. But needs must.

Fiesta ST3
very nice mate, bout time you pics up of it :)

looking forward to seeing the plans in motion

is that a skoda splitter at the front?

LY 182
very nice mate, bout time you pics up of it :)

looking forward to seeing the plans in motion

is that a skoda splitter at the front?

The pics are for a thread I did in the media section awhile back. I'll have some updates soon! *Grin*.

I think it's just the normal splitter tbh.

LY 182
Well time for a nice update!

Received a delivery today at work. Popped home at lunch time and dropped the boxes off.

dsc0033k.jpg

I wonder what they could be? As there's 4 boxes, it's a pretty big give away.. :rasp:

More of a clue.

dsc0034ez.jpg

dsc0035bh.jpg

If you don't know now then you really need help!

Brand new Trophy Turini's! :star: Ordered them through Tom @ Wests Renault (really top bloke). Didn't take me long to open up the box and have a nice look at them. I really do think they're beautiful.

dsc0036lb.jpg

dsc0038ki.jpg

I'm hoping to get them fitted tomorrow down at JAM-Sport. The guys said they'll sort me out so I hope they stick to their word! :eek: Tonight I'll be spending a bit of time giving them a bit of protection before they go on though. Seems like the sensible thing to do..

dsc0042vc.jpg

Oh and Tom being the top bloke he is threw in a couple of goodies for me. Including a cool RS keyring.

dsc0040wp.jpg

Hopefully they'll be fitted tomorrow and I'll get a chance to give her a clean over the weekend and then got some new snaps with the wheels on.

Cheers.
(Please ignore my messy bedroom).

Nice car man. Just saw you post and noticed you're from Northampton too. I swear I've seen this car driving about - you always notice a yellow car! Never really look at the plate though so coulda been someone else.

From the pics looks like you live somewhere like briar hill?

Clio 197 RB
The Speedline Turini's are £679 on Rimstyle.com and thats with budget tyres, your looking at £800 for them with decent tyres!!

LY 182
Well things didn't quite take off with this project yet. Spent a fair bit of money on other things so I've had to resist splashing out too much on the car for now. Still, really happy with the standard performance anyway so I'm not in any rush.

For now I'm looking at a few of the smaller cheaper mods. I've order some new smaller plates via FancyPlates and will probably get my bullets done soon as I have a spare set sat at home.

I'm off to see Fred@BTM sometime next week to get a few niggles sorted out: sparks, leads, exhaust mounts, heatshield and coolant sensor. Once these bits are sorted I'm sure the car will be a lot better and a little less rattle!

I'm also down for the rolling roday dayb @ TDF in October which will be cool to meet some guys and see what the car's running. (Never done a RR before).

The Speedline Turini's are £679 on Rimstyle.com and thats with budget tyres, your looking at £800 for them with decent tyres!!

I got them from Wests Renault. Top service.