ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

London for a few days - what's a must see?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Heading over to London on Tuesday with our course to look at some photography exhibitions & art galleries

We also have our free time too so it goes without saying, the camera is tagging along :)

So what do you all recommend is a must see in the space of 3 days?

Cheers
Trev

Last edited:
  PH2 Flamer
Wax works is good if youve not been before.

London eye is a bore. But you may like it if your into taking pictures and views etc.

houses of parliament are impressive at night time with all the lights on etc.

Not sure if the winter wonderland is still open, thats a must if it is. See stuff like this
9yzyjuzy.jpg

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
For photos usual tourist spots... Eye/London, Westminster, tower Bridges. Covent garden,

what days are you there could arrange a little photo meet up one evening, if you are free and the weather allows for it.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Try to get booked in on the shard, looks great for evening pics of the city.
The eye and along the Thames are good too. As is the underground.

There's loads I want to go back to. Weather was a bit crap last time I was there

Not a 320d
Ice bar thing. Like a night club made from ice. Worth a look.

M&M world is worth a pop in. Walk round Saville row, A&F is also down there too.

Im down there on a regular basis now and theres plenty to do.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I was in London before in 2005 - the week before 7/7 in the Hilton at Kings Cross and traveled to East Finchley that whole week (Mc Donald's HQ)

Back then I wasn't into the photography as much, armed only with a Fuji Finepix S5000 bridge :cool:

2.2 bar shed.
Depends entirely upon what you're interested in surely? I'd go check out Smithfields/Columbia Road, but I enjoy shooting street so it would differ for other people!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Going to try and get to see a few things I didn't get the chance to last time, and some others;

The Gherkin building
Tower Bridge
St Pauls
London eye
Some underground shots
Maybe the Shard too?

Busy week :) also the pub will be hit quite frequently I would imagine :cheers:

DB.

BMW 440i
Just spent the weekend their myself and stayed at The May Fair Hotel, bloody lovely. Bar has an awesome vibe on the evenings too.

Went to Mahiki in Mayfair for some fairly cool cocktails too, expensive though!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Home this evening, got some good shots scattered all over the place - too much to pack into 3 1/2 days!

The Ansel Adams exhibition was awesome yesterday! :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Being all excited about some of the images I brought home, was met with a little disappointment when I imported.

My sensor has come back like the inside of a fecking Dyson :dapprove: