ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Long shot... Pokemon?

I did exactly that, got Y + 3ds xl.

It really is a step up up, not played them since gold/silver I think so a good few years ago, put way too much time into it already lol.

haha fair enough! I'm saving for a car so can't be throwing around money :(

I still play Pokemon Red on my old gameboy some days though.
Plus the pokemon in the new gen are f**king s**t e.g
tumblr_mu4bzarRbJ1qzb7eco1_500.png

WRX
My lad's traded it in already. He says they're all the same basically and there's hardly any 3D stuff in the new ones.

Haha yeah, I came across this earlier had to catch one!

I evolved an Eevee earlier, it's another new evolve, probably the campest pokemon around:
250px-Sylveon.png

Had to be done haha, it's called Sylveon.

My lad's traded it in already. He says they're all the same basically and there's hardly any 3D stuff in the new ones.

:S everything is in 3d!

haha fair enough! I'm saving for a car so can't be throwing around money :(

I still play Pokemon Red on my old gameboy some days though.
Plus the pokemon in the new gen are f**king s**t e.g
tumblr_mu4bzarRbJ1qzb7eco1_500.jpg

Pokemon red ftw! Still got it with my sp, I'll have to get it out now that winter is coming, Pokemon and a cuppa, good times.

Goliath I
I wanna be the very best, Like no one ever was.

To catch them is my real test, To train them is my cause... pokemon!

Mito Sportiva 135
I haven't played Pokémon since the old Red version but have to admit it's a surprisingly addictive and tactical game. I would buy it if I had a 3DS, not sure I can justify buying a console just to play it though.

I only really know the G1 and G2 ones though, I can't believe there are so many now!

Mito Sportiva 135
If you buy a new Pokemon game can you catch all of them, or is it more focussed on the new ones?

Is it sad to be talking about this at age 28??!?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
If you buy a new Pokemon game can you catch all of them, or is it more focussed on the new ones?

You can't catch ALL of them in any game as far as I know. I have heart gold and emerald which covers quite a few. But you'd have to play them through a lot of times to get them all since when you start a game you choose 1 of 3 starting Pokemon and can't catch the other 2 in the same play through (afaik)

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I've got a DS emulator on my Note2, it works perfectly fine, even the touch screen functions are spot on, you'll never catch them all without trading.
The GBA emulator Myboy let's you run 2 games simultaneously so you can trade ( get that Gengar lol ) on the same phone / device without needing a friend.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I've got a DS emulator on my Note2, it works perfectly fine, even the touch screen functions are spot on, you'll never catch them all without trading.
The GBA emulator Myboy let's you run 2 games simultaneously so you can trade ( get that Gengar lol ) on the same phone / device without needing a friend.

That's cool!

Can you trade over wifi with a real game boy (DS)?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Just browsed the guide and there isn't, another thing about them they have all the cheats built in, DS one has them all, can get unlimited items and make any creature appear whenever you want and at what level too, all 498 of them, inc ones not in the game but on others etc.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I used to love Pokemon when I was younger.
I'd get ripped if I was to play it now at 22 though!

:(

I think there's about 800 or so in the new one, there's a lot from the older ones, and you get to pick one of the original 3 part-way through the story too :)

I used to love Pokemon when I was younger.
I'd get ripped if I was to play it now at 22 though!

:(

Hah, I'm 24 and I'm still playing it! :p

F82 M4
Been hovering over the "Buy it now" button for Pokemon X and a 3DS XL all day. The only thing is I never even completed Pokemon Black and my addiction to Dota 2 would get in the way of this. Still tempted though!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Started playing Y yesterday. Bought a 3DS XL especially.

To me, Pokemon launches are as big as GTA to me.

Im on my 6th badge so far. Mega Blastoise FTW!

4c9d637034e711e39f0922000ae90fc9_8.jpg

LOVE IT!

Yep, exactly =D

I finished the Pokemon League yesterday, stupidly used my Masterball on the Legendary (same as yours), and now i'm finding it real hard to catch him (saved just before) - tried 26 Ultra balls when he was on real low hp, and nothing :(.

Yeah same here. Was my favorite game as a kid. I would just be a laughing stock if I was caught playing it at my age :(

If people laugh at you for playing a game then you might as well be a kid as them laughing is wayyy more childish than Pokemon lol

Someone lock this thread, If I keep reading any more I know I will fork out and get a new 3ds and both of them probably.

F82 M4
Yeah same here. Was my favorite game as a kid. I would just be a laughing stock if I was caught playing it at my age :(

They are genuinely brilliant games though. You actually do need some wit and knowledge about you to play them, they're all pretty tactical really. People who have never played them are the ones who make fun of us for doing so. If they just gave them a whirl themselves they would understand imo! :cool:

Someone lock this thread, If I keep reading any more I know I will fork out and get a new 3ds and both of them probably

Mate I'm in the same boat! So tempted to get a 3DS XL and this. Over £200 for one game though lol...

MK3 Clio DCI 86
FFS! I'm now downloading the ROM/emulator. I REALLY hate you lot :eek:

edit: The old GBA versions I mean ;)

Last edited: