ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

looking for advice of where to get rear brake pipes

Clio Sport 172
Hi, I'm looking for some advise of where I can get the rear brake pipes for my ph2 172,
Its the pipe that goes from the rear calliper in solid, flexi the back to steel to the underside of the car along the beam axle.
Where can I get hold of them or does anybody have a part number or alternative solution to replace them as the pipe and Ferule have corroded together at the calliper end and to replace my callipers I'm going to end up snapping the pipe as it is twisting with the nut.
Could the whole lot be changed for rubber hose/ is it easy to make new pipes?
Thanks Tony

Can't help but I'm interested to know this too as mine are looking a bit sad for themselves. I would imagine there a dealer part.

I'm tempted at having a go at making my own. I'm a bit worried as I've never done this before but the brake pipe kits on fleasbay same reasonable

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Any competent mechanic can make you new lines from copper pipe.

Just buy a bag of fittings, some braided lines and some new fluid and renew the whole lot while you're there.

Clio Sport 172
Any recommendations on where to get braided hose and fittings from mate? I should be able to manufacture new pipes as I'm a marine engineer, I was just not sure if the pipes were ready available and cheaper then buying all the bits and my time to bend them etc

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hi, I'm looking for some advise of where I can get the rear brake pipes for my ph2 172,
Its the pipe that goes from the rear calliper in solid, flexi the back to steel to the underside of the car along the beam axle.
Where can I get hold of them or does anybody have a part number or alternative solution to replace them as the pipe and Ferule have corroded together at the calliper end and to replace my callipers I'm going to end up snapping the pipe as it is twisting with the nut.
Could the whole lot be changed for rubber hose/ is it easy to make new pipes?
Thanks Tony
Renault.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Renault do them, around £45 i think. However, as has been mentioned you can get them sorted with copper pipe, that how mine were fixed previously.