ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for new brakes for 2001 172 any suggestions??

2001 172 Clio
my brakes are just the standard 1s and they couldnt stop a go kart!!! does any1 know a good replacement that are not too expensive???????

my brakes are just the standard 1s and they couldnt stop a go kart!!! does any1 know a good replacement that are not too expensive???????
Bleed the brakes and use some standard pads.

Stock are more than good enough for 99% of people. People often don't realise how good they should be as stock and compaired race pads and fluid with old worn pads and fluid with air etc in it.

i have brembo hc front discs with brembo pads and genuine rear discs with ebc redstuff pads along with a fluid change and i think they are brilliant. unless you track you're car alot or drive like a posessed vicar standard would be fine.

2001 172 Clio
I do drive a bit on the crazy side :) thanks for ur help guys gonna give the standard 1s a goin over see wat i can do wirh them before i spend yet nore money!!!

I have standard Brembo discs and pads, more than good enough for me.

Standards OK if everything is working right. I instantly improved a lack of bite and long pedal feel on my 182's brakes a shortly after buying it by cleaning/freeing the pads and caliper moving parts and bleeding through new fluid. But it was only once I fitted new O/E brembo pads (including the metal plates) that the pedal and bite was how I'd expect. Can't fault them now :) (the pads that came out were half worn, but cracked, mintex 1144's)

Last edited: