ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

looking into buying a 182

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Hi people! Im looking into buying a 182 in the next month or 2 and was just wondering what things to look out for! Dont really mind too much about colour or that but want something under 60,000 miles!

Im going to look at this on tuesday. Hate the colour of the alloys so they would be getting changed but does anyone know anything about the car?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...code/eh105se/keywords/182/radius/60?logcode=p

Cheers :)

pimp mobile Zafira
Looks good. Also looks a bit cheap considering the miles and major service it's just had. Alloys can be sorted. also looks Luke an after Market exhaust. Check the service history and that it's not Cat C/D.

Has been up for a while now. Suspension doesn't look right and its also missing the small black inserts on the front bumper. Usually means new/resprayed bumper. Wouldn't bother looking tbh.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
werent all infernos cup packed too?

It doesnt have spoiler, splitter, or the washer blanks

Clio 182 cup'd
Add the cup packs? or just buy one with them already. Its probably easier to find one with cup packs, than one without.

BG 182 FF
At the age and milage your looking at MAKE sure it has had cambelt done!

You could be looking to spend a wedge on the cam service (£500ish) if it hasnt....like me :(.

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Price has been dropped to £2995! At that price i would be interested as long as i could get a full AA inspection or something similar just for piece of mind! N00b Question but is the cambelt different to the timing belt?! Is there any way i can check if its been resprayed/cat C or D?

Thanks for this guys its always good to know what your looking for :) Much appreciated

unledsdfsdf1.jpg

It has been resprayed or replaced. Do a HPI to see if its a CAT.

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
You guys were right, drove the 80 mile round trip to have a look at the car today. Worst re-spray i have ever seen! Still had primer showing through on the nearside front bumper!! and the bonnet was a completly different colour. Thanks for the head up, spotted that straight away so i turned and walked out! If the paint was that bad who knows what the mechanicals were like!

Just need to be patient and wait for the right one to come along! That silver one in the for sale section is quite temping, slightly higher millage than i wanted though :(

Clio 182, BMW 645
It took me 2 months to find mine. And I'm glad I was patient after some of the examples I saw before it!