ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking to get a bike rack for my 172??

renault clio 172
Just bought me and missus a couple of mountain bikes, and I was wondering does anyone recommend one to get that will carry two adult size bikes?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Get yourself some Thule bars to go on the roof. Best brand you can get. Comes in 3 bits. Foot pack, fitting kit and bars, locks if needed. I've got these plus the carrier 591 bloody awesome carrier

clio 182 black /gold
Go upwards like do.
100_0629.jpg

100_0632.jpg

Phase 1 172, boxster
I got a standard rear one from halfords for 60 odd quid which can take three bikes perfectly fine :)

Cliosport 182
Leeshez where did you buy that bike rack from as I want one the same. Also can that carry 2 bikes ?

Get yourself some Thule bars to go on the roof. Best brand you can get. Comes in 3 bits. Foot pack, fitting kit and bars, locks if needed. I've got these plus the carrier 591 bloody awesome carrier

Did you need to buy an adapter for the 591 carrier? I've read up a bit and seems like you need one to get it to fit the aero bars?

Did you need to buy an adapter for the 591 carrier? I've read up a bit and seems like you need one to get it to fit the aero bars?

you might need a t track adaptor depending on what bars & carrier you buy. Don't think you need the adaptor if you go for the 591 and aero bars tho.

Clio 182 arctic
I got it from Thule. Yes you can carry 3 bikes. I have had 2 on mine.

How far apart did you put the bars/feet. I followed the thule fitting guide measurements but the rear one seems about an inch lower than the front one. Its not really an issue tbh but I park next to a level wall and can see it along the brick line.

clio sport 172
Iv just got a saris bones 2 rack and love it
have to improvise on the fitting by resting bottom feet on the bulge under the window but its so quick to pop it on and collapse it and stick it in the boot

182 & 172 Tracktool
I have the genuine renault roof bars with 2x the Thule Proride 591.
Does the job perfectly! The bikes are steady as well.

If you choose the aero bars (got them on the other car), you won't need extra adapters, there included with the 591 carrier.