ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'Loose' steering feel

mk1 ph2 1.4
Recently ive noticed the steering seems to have a little play, i.e it feels like the steering column is loose or something. Im not sure what it is, sometimes over uneven road it feels like the car is turning slightly without the steering wheel moving...

Sorry its hard to explain but does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

thanks

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
ball joints, steering rack, could be any of these imo. Are you machanically minded? ;)

mk1 ph2 1.4
err mechanically minded? if you mean a level mechanics yes ;) lol
so a joint in the steering column - sounds nasty. looks liek another trip down the garage. if it is a joint, how difficult is it to replace yourself?

and what you mean? mk1 clios are very reliable! :quiet: :cry: :cry:

mk1 ph2 1.4
oh ok :S looks like ill just take it dwn the garage and get them to look at it, tell me whats wrong, offer to fix it for a grand and then get someone else to do it then.
reason im asking is i hate going down the garage, them going oooooo its a big job, its gunna cost you, letting them do it and then finding out a day later i could of done it in a mates garage in a few hours lol. although welding does sound bad...

cheers