ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loose wiper arm doesn’t sit properly

Clio182
My passenger side wiper arm is loose. It doesn’t sit in its proper position - seems to linger about 3-4 inches higher. Sometimes, but who knows when, it will locate properly. How should I go about fixing this?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
My passenger side wiper arm is loose. It doesn’t sit in its proper position - seems to linger about 3-4 inches higher. Sometimes, but who knows when, it will locate properly. How should I go about fixing this?
Andy - any evidence that the wiper mechanism has been messed with before? Should be as simple as tightening up the bolt as @imprezaworks says.

Failing that, if the mechanism has been removed previously to access the washer bottle or clear out the debris in that area - there's a chance that it hasn't been relocated correctly. There's a retaining lug on the bulkhead that the mechanism has to marry up to - otherwise the wipers not only make a racket, but can be out of line.

Clio182
Quick update: after removing the wiper arm I found that the spindle was badly corroded and worn. So, after a quick trip to the breaker’s yard and a small amount of cursing, I fitted a replacement motor and mechanism and now have fully functioning wipers!