ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loss of Drive! 2005 182

Mental 172 Cup
Was on my way to college pulled away from the traffice light! Slight wheel spin then a bang and total loss of drive!

Car starts, can select every gear, clutch feels good just no drive!

can select gear with the engine running without putting the clutch down aswell!

im hoping its just mayb a driveshaft popped out or something!

any ideas??

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
182 gearbox has a cover of the circlip to stop it coming off i believe, (could be wrong)

ST
Been doing traffic light 'grand prix's' lately??

That sounds like the box tbh..exactly the same thing happened to G4Z's 172 two weeks ago, he was able to select gears without the clutch down with the engine running, the outcome was a new box..could be costly..he was around £600 for a recon'd box supplied and fitted IIRC.

The 172/182's don't like having their cvnt kicked from a standing start continuity, something will break before long, drive shafts are favorite as is the box its self..often described as 'a wooden spoon stirring melted chocolate'..

M

mini-valver

As Ali sais, it sounds like the circlip. The 182's were supposed to have the revised cover but obviously being a Renault, they just raid the parts bin so you may have an earlier box. Pence to fix if it is.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Been doing traffic light 'grand prix's' lately??

That sounds like the box tbh..exactly the same thing happened to G4Z's 172 two weeks ago, he was able to select gears without the clutch down with the engine running, the outcome was a new box..could be costly..he was around £600 for a recon'd box supplied and fitted IIRC.

The 172/182's don't like having their cvnt kicked from a standing start continuity, something will break before long, drive shafts are favorite as is the box its self..often described as 'a wooden spoon stirring melted chocolate'..

pmsl! i just have the picture in my head everytime gaz' name is mentioned of trying to fit down a lane that a bike would struggle!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Hi Dave x

Thing is when you replace the clip the groove is worn so it just pops out again and again...it's nornally a new diff job!

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Same symtom happened to my 172, the diff in the box went, brand new gearbox fitted.
This was the remains of the diff and a bit of caseing
s5031561vn0.jpg

Mental 172 Cup
Ive had the car on a ramp in work after college! removed the n/s driveshaft and its got a clean break! Im hoping this is all it is! the other side spins all ok and ive looked into box where i took the shaft out but u cnt really see alot!

Another question does anybody know what SAE the gearbox oil is on a 2005 182

Many thanks!