ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loss of headlights and all dashboard lighting

Just wondering if sum 1 can help me out i bought a clio cup about a month ago and sum mornings when its cold or raining i can be driving along and my headlights,rear lights will jst go off also my dash lights.. U can turn the fogs on so its still showing astho my mainbeams r on but u have 2turn them off and back on b4 theyl cum bk on

any help in this matter wud b great cheers

Its UCH related mate. I had similar problems when all my lights would go on and off themselves including indicators, hazards etc. I found it was a loose relay in the UCH (the box in the passenger footwell behind the glove box) but others on here have had to replace the UCH

cheers 4 that.. like i say i only bought it about a month bk so im still on a learning curve lol.. ill hav a look in 2 that 1day after work av got say i get a slight buzzing noise from that direction

Its probably the UCH unit, located in the passenger footwell, up behind the dash, if it is that like mine was recently you can follow a guide to remove it and send it off to be repaired, there are some repair services on ebay around £40-60 with a fast turn around.

I found it a bit of a pain to remove the box, but its just a case of a screw or two and a few clips.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Surely it would just not work at all if it was the UCH? Hasn't done it since i turned ignition on and off again.
Could it just be the cold snap of weather we have had playing tricks?

I lost the dash and the headlights a few times with mine, not fun in pitch black, actually f**king scary, didnt even have hazards I dont think.

Have a look at the relays if you stick your head up in the passenger footwell, one may have worked its way loose, pull each one out and put it back in to clean the contacts maybe and go from there.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Will have a look tomorrow. Yeah, i lost headlights on a country lane lol. Not fun.
I think something must be loose as it hasn't done it since.

Yeah I sent it off to a bloke on ebay, he was very good with communication, I sent it off thurs for fri delivery and asked him if he could possibly send it back friday day if it was done for sat deliv understanding it wasnt a guarantee. Which all worked out. Checking ebay now hes no longer a registered user which is handy for my 12 month warranty (not).

User was: dieselpumprepairs2

But yeah not saying yours is definitely UCH as I cant tell, but I hoped with mine it was something else until I gave up and thought its inevitable and sent it off. cost me £59.99, there are the cheaper options on ebay but read the fine print, some say "if a simple fix" or similar, the £60 was full board repair.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Think i have seen his name on there tbh. Will check a few things on mine and then use him as a last resort maybe.
Can i ask, how often were you losing headlights and windows etc?

Hes still trading on ebay, same name but without the S at the end of repairs it seems.

Erm, it was a case of a few days really, mainly as I only use the car after work to nip out etc, so it was always dark, first time I came on here to search and sort of guessed it could be the UCH, It was intermittent, the first few times it happened I tried to reach down to the relays to give them a whack and it usually came on before Id had a chance to reach them, but the last time before I sent it away, I lost headlights and indicators (couldnt even put hazards on) for about a good minute of driving with people going nuts at me for no lights or indicators etc...