ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loss of power 172 Cup and warning light

Clio 172 Cup
Driving home this morning and power just dropped and these lights came on dash. Not flashing but no power over 2k revs , cars at garage waiting the call of death

it cleared after turning off and reappeared on route to the garage

any ideas ?

many thanks

Mark
4944483F-FCF3-4BA6-9DFE-ACB0FF94095F.jpeg
4944483F-FCF3-4BA6-9DFE-ACB0FF94095F.jpeg

some light research has suggested to me it could be ignition related, I know EML comes on for Coilpack issues. Have you changed plugs, leads, coils etc recently or has it had a recent service?

Clio 172 Cup
DF129 pedal potentiometer circuit 1 def
DF254 motorised throttle control 2 def

these are the fault codes it thrown up apparently???

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Try connectors to the throttle body and coil pack are seated correctly and not corroded.

I thought it was generally a electrical issue of some sort. Have you driven it in a lot of rain recently?

Had this on a couple of 172/182 and both were throttle body issues.

Clio 172 Cup
The rain has been horrendous here last month or so, I was surprised at pedal issue to fault at the same time tho tbh

Clio 172 Cup
Hi all just an update on the car got it back had the throttle body replaced and new wires from pedal to ecu car is back to full health and has a thorough check and everything else is spot on. I am considering put this up for sale despite the massive amount of money I have put into it and getting something more sensible 😢

Clio 172 Cup
I know mate ur right , if you saw my folder what I have done you would understand but as the garage said today the car is so clean and I have done everything it would be mental to let it go. I guess u just get that fed up feeling

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I know the feeling mate. Don't shift it on.
If it's running sweet now then just enjoy it.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
I know mate ur right , if you saw my folder what I have done you would understand but as the garage said today the car is so clean and I have done everything it would be mental to let it go. I guess u just get that fed up feeling
No mate.. You cant sell up.... I understand that feeling of hate when stupid little things crop up and you have to get it fixed... Our cars are keepers and all you need is the weather to pickup and go for an hour long blast in her... You'll be happy as Larry again... I get fed up with mine all the time and after driving my Big fat Q7 around as a daily theres nothing that makes me smile more than jumping in the Trackcar and going for a spin...

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I drive mine every other week to work due to car sharing. I loathe the loud yozza exhaust and stiff suspension on the commute. The minute I step on it down a B road though it soon comes back to me why I still have this car.

You'll struggle to find a replacement which will scratch the same itch imo

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Hi all just an update on the car got it back had the throttle body replaced and new wires from pedal to ecu car is back to full health and has a thorough check and everything else is spot on. I am considering put this up for sale despite the massive amount of money I have put into it and getting something more sensible 😢
You said in here just the other day it was a keeper! Dont do it, I did with my arctic blue 182 and rue the day

Clio 172 Cup
Thanks lads your all right, if I shown the costs and invoices it’s scary but it is beutiful and so clean everything you have said is right. Just got racked off today as I absolutely cherish this car and it gives me nothing but grief like my mrs lol 😂 thanks again for ur comments

Thanks lads your all right, if I shown the costs and invoices it’s scary but it is beutiful and so clean everything you have said is right. Just got racked off today as I absolutely cherish this car and it gives me nothing but grief like my mrs lol 😂 thanks again for ur comments
Good man, correct decision made (y)