ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Hi Guys,

I have no idea how, or when, but my locking wheel nut key is gone after and extensive search followed by anger. I know the Renault OEM locks were made by Farad, they supply replacement keys but the wait time is about 2 weeks from the continent. Now I've noticed on eBay, you can buy replacement keys, all the keys seem to have a letter stamped on top of them. Now my locking wheel nut box has the code 77 11 221 177 on it, meaning if anyone one else has this same code (Renault OEM locks aren't infinitely variable), could you please tell me the letter stamped on top of your key socket so I can order one from eBay UK?
Any help or advice would be appreciated, as I now have a car that needs a CV boot stranded pretty much 😢

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Have you still got the service book? There should be a sticker on the inside page with the code on it (if they are still the same original lockers of course).

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
IMG_20161008_163159.jpg

That's the type if it helps :)

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Have you still got the service book? There should be a sticker on the inside page with the code on it (if they are still the same original lockers of course).

They are indeed the original Renault lockers, car was complete standard with full service history when I got it and no receipt's mention a change. There's a sticker that's been slapped on the locker box (where strangely I always keep said key) if that helps?
IMG_20161008_163509.jpg

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Or maybe this is the wheel nut code? Unclear whether its for the car key or wheel nut:tearsofjoy:
1475941486112-906549829.jpg

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Going from the above information, would I be right in thinking this is the right key? It looks to match!
Screenshot_2016-10-08-17-03-47.png

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Cheers for all the help guys, I've ordered it and shall wait patiently, thanks!