ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lot's of WATER.

Phase 2 172 Sport
So this morning me and the GF get in the car and for some reason she doesn't have her shoe's on and stands in the passanger footwell and advises me that her foot is soaking. So I check the driver side matt and it's also damp. Put my hand into the passanger side rear footwell to only find the matt actually dripping with water and literally sitting in a puddle.

I have checked all the usual thing's like the scuttle panel, seat mounting point's, door seals, heater matrix and I really am baffled.

The problem is there was no rain last night so I don't actually know how long this has been getting wet for.

Any ideas would be much appreciated, I have checked all the other threads and am really stumped. Bar taking the seats out and all the carpet which I am really not comfortable doing on my own I have no other ideas.

Thank's Gav.

04 Monaco Blue 172
is it possible a window seal has gone and over time filled up with water? or youve got a hole in the floor which has got water in it?

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Have a look underneath for a hole, hair dryer to get rid of the wet.

Does sound like a lot of water though which I don't imagine could jump up through a hole and puddle.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Have you checked the rear light cluster's sealing properly. Water can migrate quite a distance!

Phase 2 172 Sport
Been out with it all afternoon pulling bits and pieces apart and cannot find a start of a water leak any where at all.

There is far to much water to dry with a hair dryer. I've taken my mats out to dry and going to leave them out now until it dry's. Hopefully we don't get any rain in the next couple of days. Going to wait till it dry's out then give it a good clean and then check to see if i can see where the water comes in.

Phase 2 172 Sport
No sunroof mate as you guessed. I checked all under the scuttle panel and couldnt even see any drainage holes even using a torch. It all looks dry hell under there though.

Clio sport 182
remove the scuttle trims, remove the heater blower, there is a drain hole under there and if you unbolt the black panel on the bulk head you can gain access to the centre drain hole in the scuttle the other 1 is under the washer bottle ( your see like black flaps that the water drains threw throw them away as all it does is catch leaves and dirt so water cant get away)

LY 172
check the underside of the doors, make sure their is a small hole, that isnt blocked. my old clio i had half a door full of water.