ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loud Clio

Clio Expression 1.2 16V
I have a standard Clio 1.2 16v, its the mk2 ph2. Over the past month or two my car has been sounding a lot noisier than usual. There was a screw loose on the engine manifold which I thought may have been the problem but it hasnt quietened down.

The car is on about 56000 miles, so nearing the timing belt change? Could this be the prob? Gets noisier when you are going faster.

Cheers guys :)

Clio Expression 1.2 16V
2001 just generally loud engine noise when travelling fast. not too noticeable till over 30mph and very noticeable 50mph+

Shed.
I have a standard Clio 1.2 16v, its the mk2 ph2. Over the past month or two my car has been sounding a lot noisier than usual. There was a screw loose on the engine manifold which I thought may have been the problem but it hasnt quietened down.

The car is on about 56000 miles, so nearing the timing belt change? Could this be the prob? Gets noisier when you are going faster.

Cheers guys :)

mines just hit 57k. yea i think its gotten louder, but then i cant hear anything above the bloody wheel bearing.

i had the cambelt changed not so long ago. started making a really funny idle noise when its cold. dont like it one bit lol. goin for a servic e soon though so itll be looked at im guessing.

Shed.
sure its the engine noise ?

not like a bloody whirring coming from somehwere outside the car ?

my bearing is silent till you hit 30, then it gets really really loud at 50mph. 90mph+ its just bloody s**t.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
is it exhaust noise? if so it will probably be the Exhaust flexi pipe, i went thru 3 in 3 months due to catching the cat on the ground but heard standard height ones go to, specially if ran with a fuked dogbone mount bush for a while.

Clio Expression 1.2 16V
The noise is coming from the engine defo not road noise or exhaust.

It happens in 3rd gear upwards but I think this is just because of the speed. LIke i say above 30 it is noticeable then 50 it becomes very noticeable. The noise is still there if I put the clutch down too.
a passenger even commented that my car doesnt sound right the other week.