ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loud Knocking sound when taking left turns

DNT

Clio Williams
Hi All,

Really need some help!! I recently had some work done, i got 2 new drive shafts and had new Rotars and pads. The drive shafts were changed because was a slight knocking noise when in reverse, but it turns out both shafts were completely knackered. So all work was finished but my mechanic said the knocking is still there and could not pin point it. But when i got in the car and drove it my self the knocking sound that i had been hearing was gone so i thought all was well. But then i came up to my first left turn and could hear this f**ked up very loud knocking sound coming from the drivers side wheel area. So before i go back to my mechanic and start ripping chunks out of him i thought i would ask you guys if you have had or know about an issue like this. My car is a Williams

Thanks

D

Lots of Alfas
Could be suspension mounts or the top mount bearing. It could even be worn ball joints or track rod ends.

DNT

Clio Williams
Ok Thanks, i will get my mechanic to have a look at the top engine mount. But as i was saying, the noise wasnt there before i took it in so im wondering if one of the guys at the garage hit a curb??

Plimsole, thanks for the link, seems very similar to the video that was posted.

I will let you know how it goes, apart from that the car is running very nice!