ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

loud poping from speakers

ibiza cupra
when i put the stereo on it makes a really loud waaarrrp!!! noise then when ever i change the track on a cd, eject the cd or change from the cd to the radio or if the cd finishes and starts again it makes a sharp loud pop through the amped speakers is this a bad earth on the amp or the sh*t HU

Mk1 Maxim Sport
not sure why it does this mate but it often happens on subs, summat to do with the remote cable turning the amp off and back on. Its only doing it because uv got the speakers ampd but not sure why it does it.

Hope someone knows cause will be interesting to find out.

ibiza cupra
i have got all the wires in the right places, ive wired up a fair few amps and speakers before but never had this problem

Coiley'd Clio PH2
not sure why it does this mate but it often happens on subs, summat to do with the remote cable turning the amp off and back on. Its only doing it because uv got the speakers ampd but not sure why it does it.

Hope someone knows cause will be interesting to find out.

Yeah, would be interesting to know why this happens as i sometimes get it with my sub.

ibiza cupra
after hours of f**kin about i have found out what the problem was. it isnt the earth as i moved it about 6 times but no joy then i thought it is poping through the speakers so maybe its the phono leads and i was right. the problem is that my hu only has 1 amp out put but i have a 4 channel amp and an active sub to run from it. onthe 4 channel amp i am only using 2 chanels as i intend to get rid of my active sub and get one to be powered by my amp. anyway the popping is caused by me having to split the 1 output into 2 outputs which would be eliminated if i had a headunit with 2 or more amp outputs as there would be no need for splitting the output to feed each amp. so there your are