ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

loud powersteering on 16v

just recently my powersteering has been making a really loud noise like a cow getting kicked in the head!and there seems to be quite abit of fluid on my inner wing,

anyone know how i can shut it up coz its doing my head in!

damo

I had my power steering pump changed was nice and quite after that

Leak could be the cap to the power steering fluid bottle

mines the same mine has full renault service history as well and every year from the second service it has been noted as noisey and numerous parts have been changed including the pump

must admit it is really annoying

jaimie

Skoda Fabia vRS

try some Slick 50 power steering fluid

its NOT got ptfe in it as far as im aware but it does lubricate the pump and stops leaks...........

you can get it at any Motor World....

Isnt it air in the system? Try turning the steering from lock to lock a few times with the engine off (easier with the car jacked up) checking the fluid level and topping up if it needs it.

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Check the level and bleed air from the system.

If you want a new/secondhand pump, let me know.

Paul

its probubally when the pumps get old...they get noisey........bit like mike wright !!;)

but damo.....sounds like yours has a leak....or its being pushed back up through the breather hole in the cap !! you sure you aint just put too much fluid in ?

ff 182

Mines been like that since ive had it and i was told its like it on all valvers if anyone knows how to get rid of it let me know?

Titanium 182

my valvers also like that, how do you bleed the air out?/bleed the lot so i can use slick 50 :)

i checked the fluid and its ok the steering wheel seems to have a little play in it when you turn it side to side

ill see if i can get the system bled somewhere as i cant be arsed to do it

2004 Racing Blue 182

mine was really loud up until today! ive just had it serviced and they have made it quiet somehow! dont ask me how or how long its gonna last cause i aint got the foggiest!!!:confused:

-->BV